Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PINES: anyone out tonight? gravy? adey? anyone?
  • Pook

I'm there tonight for a ride. Anyone about? 6-45, 7 pm ish.

Also, Gravy, are you light testing in the latest MBR? If not you've got a doppleganger.

😀

thefallguy
    Free Member

hope you've got your mud tyres Pook!

I'm not out tonight but the lads I normally ride with leave from the dog and duck pub between 6.15 / 6.25, The pines lads tend to leave from the shop a bit later so you should be able to find them.

I had the same thought when I saw the mbr piccy!

Pook

I was thinking that. I'll take a snorkel too

🙂

thefallguy
    Free Member

its not a complete mud bath yet especially if you find some of the less used trails, lots of standing water though.

Some of the muddy/worst bits of the Kitchener have been patched with stone – but its all a bit half arsed.

If you've not been for a bit, watch out for a few adverse camber turns (can catch you out in the dark) where the bench cut track has fallen away into the drainage channel – the FC obviously didn't check the berms tick box when they comissioned clixbys 🙁

haddock
    Free Member

mmm which tyres??? 😉

Lucas
    Free Member

Where do you guys park for a night riding at Sherwood pines? We went last week and parked at the leisure centre at Lidgett.

First time I've done the Kitchener trail (don't know the place well enough to find singletrack at night) – thought it was good for a night ride, poss a bit un-technical for day time though. Doing the feeride wooden drops for the first time in the dark was interesting, dropping into a black hole with lights on the bars.

haddock
    Free Member

Chris, text you when I set off wont be till Debs gets home for K, takes 1:15. 🙂

Pook

Lucas – I park in the car park as i'm generally out by 10. Sometimes in the pub in Clipstone though.

Ed, can't K stop in the car?

Fall guy – came off on one of those a couple of weeks back. Picked up a grazed knee and bloodied my shorts. They really need to sort them.

Lucas
    Free Member

Pook – I thought they closed the gates to the car park at 6pm, I think that's what a sign said last week anyway. We rode through the car park at 8.30ish and it was empty but the lights were still on. The leisure centre seemed like a good/safe option though as it was still busy at 9 when we left.

haddock
    Free Member

Chris – are you seriously suggesting I leave Kerry in a car for 5 hrs? She's only 8, I cant leave her in the car in a dark forest while I go off on my bike!

Seriously, I got a dental app at 4 on the otherside of town, so wont getaway much before 5-30 anyway 😉

thefallguy
    Free Member

Re car parking…
    Dog and Duck was really busy last week and we struggled to get parked.

If you park in Pines check what time the gates are being locked, 6pm most nights now clocks have gone back.

Re off camber, for manmade trails they really are poor. I know it will never compare to welsh or scottish trail centres (or even Dalby) but I was at cannock a week or two back and it just made me feel what a wasted opportunity Pines was. I seem to come off my bike more in Pines than I ever do in the Peaks, Lakes etc, grr! 👿

Pook

oh yeah – forgot your drive there and back!

Cheers for the heads up on parking. Will have to hunt for an alternative. Ed, I'll get there earlier and ring.

abductee
    Free Member

I didn't see this thread before I went but it was very quiet at the pines. Only cars in the car park were ours so you have to wonder about safety. the gate wasn't locked at about 8:30 when we left. I think the shop was open until about 7 It does seem a bit muddy but there is some more road stone stacked up ready to fill in the holes.

Pook

The security guy came round the car park as we were passing through it on the kitchener. Abotu 10pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PINES: anyone out tonight? gravy? adey? anyone?’ is closed to new replies.