Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pimp my (CX) ride – part 2…..
  • dknwhy

So far, i’ve upgraded the brakes (TRP Spyre) and wheels (Kinesis Crosslight Disc) on my Boardman CX. Got a carbon seatpost and fork coming from China.
    Next i’m looking to upgrade the shifters. It currently has 9 speed Sora (FSA Vero Compact 50/34, 11-32 rear cassette, KMC Z99 chain) which means that I have annoying cables exiting the side of the shifters and getting in the way of light beams and when I want to attach a dry bag to the bars. I’d also like to make the shifting a bit slicker.
    Am I right in thinking that to upgrade to Shimano 105 10 speed and ditch the side exit cabling, i’ll need new shifters, rear mech, cables, cassette and chain?
    Can I still make do with the front derailleur and chainset?

cloudnine
    Free Member

How much will you get for your chainset and parts?? Whats a new 105 chainset cost?

dknwhy

@cloudnine – no idea what i’d get for the spares. Anything would be a bonus.

I think the issue with a 105 chainset would be that I have a square taper BB (recently replaced) and I was under the impression that Shimano 105 chainset will use hollowtech BB?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Yep.. Shimano 105 chainset will use hollowtech BB..
    Not really up with the compatability. Rather than spend all the money on upgrading maybe just sell the bike and buy something second hand??

dknwhy

Thanks but selling isn’t an option as i’ve not had the bike long and in truth, I really like it.
    The fun police would probably get involved if I muted selling it. Cheeky undercover upgrades are much easier to manage…

cloudnine
    Free Member

You would need new bb and cranks I think. Check merlin, crc and ribble for groupset deal. You will be able to recoup some money back selling your parts and don’t forget to use TCB or quidco

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my (CX) ride – part 2…..’ is closed to new replies.