Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pike Uturn spinning
  • dogmatix

The Uturn adjuster on my 454 air's is spinning but not adjusting? Any ideas? happened to anyone?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Happened to me on my coil then the top cap popped off.

PJ266
    Free Member

Happened to a mate and the coil had snapped. If you've got some 15wt oil about use it as an excuse to do a lowers service on your forks and have a peek inside. It will probably be obvious whats wrong.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Before you open it up, make sure the yop cap is engaging with it's 'hex key' mount. (Take it off and have a look – Is the hole in the top cap rounded for instance) Also check the bolt in the bottom of the leg is tight. If not, tighten it up! If there is no bolt, it's fallen out, and that's the problem!

dogmatix

not sure what a yop cap or the hex key mount is but can check the bolt at the bottom of the leg…

dont think mine have a coil as they are air.

comedyphil
    Free Member

It should've read top cap – the adjuster dial just turns a hex bolt underneath it, so if the inside of the adjuster dial has rounded off, it'll just spin on top of the bolt without actually turning anything.

That's what happened to mine when it had cracked, it would'nt properly engage with the bolt and just spun in place

dogmatix

ok cool cheers will check it the weekend… did you manage to fix yours?

comedyphil
    Free Member

Only by buying a new adjuster knob – Here from CRC

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pike Uturn spinning’ is closed to new replies.