• This topic has 90 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Pike set up- it just feels 'wrong' (xfirm spring)- help
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok. Hey I explained this and thats what came back. Don't shoot the messenger!

There is one check I am going to do tonight-
    Undo the spring top-cap, then compress the fork, if the fork bottoms out early then you've definitely got an oil lockout.

ianpv
    Free Member

…you can also get that from simply having too much oil in the moco side I think.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

you can also get that from simply having too much oil in the moco side I think.

It's possible, yes, but that would ahve to be something you've done yourself. Oil doesn't appear in there by magic….. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hora, no need to undo the spring really. If it's leaking, a quick bounce on the bars will reveal a definate stop at about half travel…. 🙂

ianpv
    Free Member

yes, I may be speaking from experience here 😳

But who knows what goes on in hora world? 😆

hora
    Free Member

…you can also get that from simply having too much oil in the moco side I think.

Talk to me…

I used a syringe and injected circa 15ml into the bottom of each lower when I bought the forks. Should i drop this to circa 5mm?? Hmmm

hora
    Free Member

hora world is worrywold.

right- will bounce when I get in and report back.

You guys also realise that I my principle mechanical ability is a claw hammer dont you? 😆

ianpv
    Free Member

I used a syringe and injected circa 15ml into the bottom of each lower when I bought the forks.

that is fine Hora, it only causes the lock if you put it in the moco chamber, not the lowers.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I used a syringe and injected circa 15ml into the bottom of each lower when I bought the forks. Should i drop this to circa 5mm?? Hmmm

You bought them used and serived them yourself IIRC?

What did you actually change/remove/add/do?

(Not taking the pee, really trying to help you out. 🙂 I'm off home in a mo' feel free to email me direct and I can talk you through it)

hora
    Free Member

You bought them used and serived them yourself IIRC?

Brand new 3months ago.

What did you actually change/remove/add/do?

Just the above along with the stiffer spring.

Heavy bounce/body over the forks- 50%, just under the 'U' graphic on the stanchion. I can get abit more (inch)- however it involved basically throwing 100kg's ontop of the forks with alot of effort!

hora
    Free Member

Interestingly. I undid the bottom/lowers bolts tonight and alot of oil dropped out of the moco leg with very little in the spring leg.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Pike set up- it just feels 'wrong' (xfirm spring)- help’ is closed to new replies.