Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pike service. Can I use an alternative to the official 0-30w stuff?
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find this special rock shox stuff. Is it ok to use an alternative? If so what ha people used with success?

Looking on the SRAM technical guide the pike is about the only one that takes this special oil. Is it really that necessary.
    Got loads of the usual 5, 7.5, 10, 15 wt suspension oil.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I am using a motor oil, 0w30 is used in BMWs. I got it from eBay and it was from Germany. I have loads, if your username is a hint and you are in Matlock you are welcome to some.

teethgrinder

Hope so – I topped mine up with reverb oil 😕

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Funny you mention reverb oil, it looks the same so why not lol. Have plenty of that.

On a serious note is it possible it is the same or similar stuff.

poah
    Free Member

is the reverb oil not 2.5w – they originally said to use rocksox 3w oil until the 0w30 became fully avalable.

its rebadged Maxima Maxum Ultra 0w30 IIRC

simondbarnes

No idea re: your question but Fishers have 1 litre bottles of it in stock (120ml bottles due 2nd week August)

kimbers

I’ve used 3w in mine. I also know people use fox fluid,

roverpig

I used 15wt suspension oil in mine (after starting a similar thread on here) and I’m still alive. As are my forks. It’s only to lubricate the seals anyway.

poah
    Free Member

oh and there is plenty on amazon.co.uk

Big-Bud
    Free Member

The reverb oil should not be used as a lube for the lower legs.you can use pretty much anything in the lowers it’s just a lube but some common sense is req. I use the genuine stuff which is peanuts in ebay and readily available.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I use the genuine stuff which is peanuts in ebay and readily available.

Agree, wonder why when I spend £450 – £600 on a fork I would not use the manufacturers recommended oil for £5.13?

teethgrinder

Not using it in the lowers – in the Charger damper.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pike service. Can I use an alternative to the official 0-30w stuff?’ is closed to new replies.