Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Pike RCT3 and all travel spacers.
  • dirtydog
    Free Member

Can the travel on Rock Shox RCT3 forks be reduced by fitting all-travel spacers?

Ta.

Shackleton

As far as I am aware none of the current rock shox forks can have their travel internally adjusted without buying a new air spring (£75 apparently).

LoCo
    Free Member

Need to replace the air spring assm. that’ll be about £45 for parts, have them on order fro when they arrive in the UK.

freeridenick
    Free Member

LOCO

do you know what size kits will be available?

like a 120mm as speced on several full bikes

LoCo
    Free Member

Depends on wheelsize of forks you want it to fit. 29ers yes 120mm is available, should be able to ‘adjust’ other ones too if necessary 😉

freeridenick
    Free Member

oh nice.

good to know…

1 fork chassis with 2 kits = swap between bikes as necessary..

dirtydog
    Free Member

Thanks Loco/Shackleton

Loco can you confirm the A to C on these forks, I have it on good advice the 150s are 528-530mm?

Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

A to C s as follows:

26″

150mm = 532
    160mm = 542

27.5″ (27″ 😉 )

150mm = 542
    160mm = 552

29″

150 = 561
    160 = 571

HTH 😀

dirtydog
    Free Member

Awesome mate^ 😀

BadlyWiredDog

So is there likely to be a 140mm option for 26″ wheels please?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, just fit a 140mm air spring assm. (£45 ish) when they arrive in the UK 😀 (got them on order 😉 )

BadlyWiredDog

Brilliant, thanks. I reckon my hardtail might be marginal with 150mm, so it’s good to know that they’ll be lowerable.

Any early feedback on reliability anyone. There was a Bikeradar piece that muttered darkly about some reports of problems from other people, but didn’t get any more specific than that.

LoCo
    Free Member

Only heard of one ‘breaking’ but no real details to back this up, mine are fine, and all the local guys that have them and ride big stuff fast haven’t had any problems and like them. 😀

thedude
    Free Member

If I usually just run my forks fully open and don’t bother with rct3 adjustments, is there any other reason not to just get a rc version? Thanks

singlespeedstu

LoCo.
    A bit OT but do you know if the rct3 29 is available in 160 with 51mm offset?
    I’ve seen 51mm off set 140/150 and i’ve seen 160mm but not seen a version that has both.

LoCo
    Free Member

46 or 51mm offset on 140, 150 or 160 29er ones. But the 160 51mm are not listed on Fishers site, data from another Rockshox Document.

LoCo
    Free Member

Update, the solo air assemblies are due middle of January next year. and are £34.99 but mail for prices 😉

singlespeedstu

LoCo.
    Any idea where I can get a 29er 160 51mm offset then?

LoCo
    Free Member

Drop me a mail to remind me and I’ll check with fishers tomorrow

luke1688

Loco- my LBS say that they can reduce down the 150mm 26inch pike to 140mm after asking fisher about it? Does that sound like its achievable?

singlespeedstu

Ta.

kelvin

*bump*

So 140mm solo air assembly can be fitted to the 26″ Pike Solo?

kelvin

Hello?

kelvin

Bueller?

Gee76
    Free Member

I’d say so but check if they have the sales chasis in the RS parts catalogue. It’s quite useful.

kelvin

Ta.

LoCo
    Free Member

140mm 26″ air assemblies not available, however we have converted solo air 26″ Pikes to 140mm travel by machining the air assembly.

Gee76
    Free Member

Sorry that was meant to be same chassis.

All the air springs are listed too. However availability of the air-springs is a bit of an issue (if it exists that is!)

LoCo
    Free Member

The air spring assms. will be a month or two I think until they are available in the uk.. The 140mm 26″ aren’t listed so don’t exist

kelvin

Damn’n’blast.

LoCo
    Free Member

However:

however we have converted solo air 26″ Pikes to 140mm travel by machining the air assembly.

😀

kelvin

I see!

I’m planning a South Wales trip soon, might drop some forks off with you.
    Out of interest, could they be dropped to 130mm?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep

kelvin

Okay… will email you next month to arrange it. Thanks!

kelvin

Oh, what to you reckon the axle to crown measurement will be at 130mm travel? ta.

LoCo
    Free Member

512mm

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

*bump*

Are the 26″ 140mm ASA available for the Pike RCT3 Solo yet?

fozzybear
    Free Member

Read the bloody post he clearly said a 140 26″ isn’t avaliable but he can machine a 150 down to 140.

fozzybear
    Free Member

The 140mm 26″ aren’t listed so don’t exist

amillener
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of info on this :

Got a Pike RC 160mm Solo air coming on my new kona process (stock fork)

Looking to buy a Pike RCT3 to put on it and put the solo air on my hardtail. Is it possible to reduce a the solo air fork from 160mm to 140mm?

They’re both 650b models.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Pike RCT3 and all travel spacers.’ is closed to new replies.