Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pike lower leg service question
  • funkybaj
    Free Member

Sorry for the noob questions but I’m attempting a lower leg service on my Pikes, I’ve just received the home service kit from TF Tuned, but I’m not sure if there’s something missing from the box.

I purchased this lot but have received what’s in the picture below. I’m following this guide on how to do the service.

Am I missing their Lube Mix? Is that what’s injected in the fork lowers? I’m confused what the “Suspension fluid” is for then? 5wt!? Why have I a smaller unlabelled bottle of what looks the same as the larger bottle? The RockShox guide mentions 0w30.

I was hoping to do this this evening, but I’ll give TF Tuned a call tomorrow if I’m missing something.

Cheers

fathomer

Looks like you’ve got everything thing you need, not sure what the lube mix is for.

5wt goes in the lowers, the rsp grease for the seals.

Sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but it’s all I’ve ever used.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Interesting.

Hmm, really not sure what to do. My Google skills are telling me a right mixed bag of things. Including the 5wt being for the uppers, rather than lowers.

nickdavies

5wt doesn’t go in the lowers, you need 0w30 for the lowers on pikes. 3wt in the uppers, but you need another syringe to do the charger damper anyway, it’s not a regular bath damper.

TBH id send that lot back get a bottle of 0w30 and a tub of stendec grease, will cost you a lot less than £42. The 35mm seals and foam rings are the only pain to get on their own, I tend to clean them up for a couple of services rather than replace each time. That kit also doesn’t seem to contain the crush washers that you might need for the foot nuts.

Although tf know their stuff so I’m sure it will all be fine.

kiksy
    Free Member

This happened to me. You should have one bottle of lower leg fluid and one bottle of suspension oil.

I gave TF a ring and they sent the bottle out straight away.

otsdr
    Free Member

I think they split the 5wt into two bottles because they don’t have 300ml bottles? Or maybe one is for filling the damper, the other for bleeding it? The specs call for 3wt, but probably 5wt works just fine, assuming you are not already at the fully-open end of the compression/rebound adjustments.

The damper can be bled without the fitting, by carefully adding one drop of oil at a time, then cycling the rod until the air is expelled.

You are clearly missing the lower leg lube bottle.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Thanks guys, sounds like I’m definitely missing the bottle of lower lube mix. I’ll give TF a call tomorrow and get them to send it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pike lower leg service question’ is closed to new replies.