Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • pike dual position bottomless tokens uk supplier ?
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

hi ive sourced 3d printed bottomless tokens for dual position pikes fron the us of a ! before I order these is anyone aware of a uk supplier of genuine rockshox tokens or alternative thank you

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XU4NNA6EL/token-for-rock-shox-pike-dual-position-air?optionId=56207687&li=cart

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Have you asked LoCo?

andylc
    Free Member

I got ones from Maverick suspension in USA which are genuine rockshox ones machined with o-rings fitted to go on the central shaft, I would highly recommend them.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

I cant ger 3 of these for £40 POSTED they seem to just sit in place due to an interference fit, what sort of price were the maverick parts andy ? thanks
    no I have not been on here much so out of touch

proutster
    Free Member

Another vote for the Maverick Suspension versions, great instructions too!

andylc
    Free Member

Maverick ones came to something like £40 incl postage from the USA

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ouch, £40 for some bits of plastic to displace some air. Please say there is something more realistically priced.

andylc
    Free Member

They are $39 + postage (£25) – considering they’re custom made and the forks cost £500+ that is not exactly a huge outlay surely…..

woodster

Got mine from aebike.com for $30 delivered for 3 genuine tokens and they came within a week with no customs issues/cost.

You could even get a few orders together to reduce postage costs

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Mavericks are out of stock by the way

mikewsmith
    Free Member

any rock shox/sram dealer?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Is there a file on GrabCAD, or do you already have it? Can’t you just get someone on here to print them? What’s the material requirements?

Have you asked LoCo suspension?

andylc
    Free Member

I think you’ll find the ones on aebike.com are not custom made for dpa Pikes. If you look at previous threads about this I’m sure there was a UK company doing it, but when I spoke to them they insisted on fitting them themselves.

woodster

I think you’ll find the ones on aebike.com are not custom made for dpa Pikes

http://www.aebike.com/RockShox-Dual-Position-Air-Bottomless-Tokens-35mm-Qty-3_p_83833.html

It appears they are out of stock, but mine are definitely the genuine RS parts fitted to my DPA Pikes and working perfectly.

I used this part number to find them.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

thanks for all your help and advice . anyone got a link for loCo website /contact details thanks

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

using that part number i found a german website listing these labelled as dual position ! http://www.hibike.com/rock-shox-spare-part-suspension-dual-position-air-pike-dpa-bottemlesss-token-spacer-35mm-3-pcs-a1-p7642cb68b651b3f08ee63f7556c1e750

with that part number should any lbs with a sram acaount be able to order these ? thanks

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

19b 11.4018.032.004 Bottomless Tokens Qty 3 PIKE Dual Position Air

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

ordered ! job done fingers crossed they are correct but at that price for 3 for a tenner wont shed tears if there wrong !
    Rock Shox suspension spare parts Pike DPA Dual Position Air Bottemlesss Token spacer (-es) 35mm (3 pcs.) A1 (# 22637469) 1 kit 13,78 € 13,78 €

thanks again all for help 😀

woodster

It suggests at least a 2 week wait though when most other stuff to order seems to be 6-9 days

http://www.gabelprofi.de/en/RockShox/Spare-Parts/Pike-DPA-Bottemlesss-Token-Spacer-35mm-3-Stueck-A1.html

These guys appear to think they can’t get any until November so there might be some wait.

andylc
    Free Member

That’s cheap! Maybe I have missed something but it looks like Rockshox are now making them for DPA Pikes so no need to get custom ones made. About time too!!

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

yes it looks that way ! still cant find them on a google search in the uk maybe someone wsill start stocking soon as the dual position pike is specced on lotsof bikes .

i will let you know how long it takes to arrive thanks

andyl
    Free Member

Anyone seen somewhere that doesnt charge as much as the damn tokens to ship? Or does anyone need some as i am going to put an order in to a german store for some.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have seen these listed on the drawings but not listed in UK yet, will give the supplier a case tomorrow for an eta. We do have the 32 & 35 mm soloair tokens and topcaps in stock though.

andyl
    Free Member

Cool, will keep an eye out for what you come up with.

If not am tempted to buy a few sets and whack em on ebay. A lot cheaper than the previous options from the USA.

I did spot they also sell an air shaft for all models that allows you to change the fork length – eg one that changes the 150mm 27.5 DPA to 160mm for only 25 euros so might get one while they are available as I tend to look after my forks and keep them for a while if I like them (currently running 2007/8 rev dual airs that have lasted a couple of frames but now out of fashion – 26″ and QR).

LoCo
    Free Member

We can supply the Dual position lower air parts too, (would have to check price and availability depending on specs. wanted)

Have just spoke to Sram uk looking a month or two until the DP tokens are available.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

i got some here
    http://www.hibike.co.uk/rock-shox-spare-part-suspension-dual-position-air-pike-dpa-bottemlesss-token-spacer-35mm-3-pcs-a1-p7642cb68b651b3f08ee63f7556c1e750
    13 euro for the pack of 3

Pike DPA Bottemlesss Token Spacer 35mm (10 pcs.) A1
    Item# 22637468 || EAN/UPC: 710845770692 || Mfg item# 11.4018.032.005
    We expect at least 2 weeks for this item to become available. You may order this item; we inform you by mail as soon as we have new information about this item. (As of: 26 Oct 2015 at 06:10pm)

moneytrain81
    Free Member

I was really wanting to order from gabelprofi linked above, but the site seemingly has now secure payment method. Even trying via PayPal gives an error as PayPal wants to use https.

moneytrain81
    Free Member

Scratch that, it lets you do it if you keep going through with the sale for some reason.

Anyway, gabelprofi have them in stock apparently, and the site said available for delivery between 28th October ans 31st October. That will do me. Yeah, dhl delivery cost more than the tokens, but, such as life.

rscreen
    Free Member

anyone managed to buy these small items yet?
    only place i spot them is hibike

Loco – any luck on your month or two?

Also would these fit any date Dual Air Pike?
    Or just manufactured after a certain date?

nuke

9 month bump 😀

Anyone sourced the tokens (11.4018.032.004) in the uk? Easy to fit and work as should?

acidchunks

Ordered and received mine last week.

I was doing a service on the lowers anyway so figured it was a good time to try some out.

Fairly easy to remove the top cap and rod then just slide the tokens on. Not sure if having the lowers off made this easier though.

acidchunks

Just checked Amazon and the UK seller I used isn’t listing them anymore 🙁

nuke

Thanks acid…sound easy enough to install, just got to source some

benpinnick

I think Ive got some in the workshop. Not back there until Friday though. Drop me a mail ben@birdmtb.co.uk?

nuke

Thanks Ben…I’ll send you an email 😀

damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I bought some tokens a while ago but as my forks were new I didn’t want to take them apart to fit them.

They are now ready for a clean. Can anyone give me some tips?

andyl
    Free Member

If Ben can’t help you out then give me a shout. Not able to get them out to you for another week but did have an advert selling them at what they cost me buying in bulk as I could not get hold of them individually at the time.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘pike dual position bottomless tokens uk supplier ?’ is closed to new replies.