Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PIke charge damper DIY service.
  • dlocki
    Free Member

Has anyone home serviced there charge damper? if so what oil did you use?

I did a lower leg service a few weeks ago and the damper has about a 3-5mm dead spot at the bottom of its stroke, luckily it a 150 fork so the dead spot is taken up when the forks are back together.

Dave

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Yes, did it over xmas. It’s SRAM 3WT oil you use and you’ll need a charger damper bleed tip adapter. SRAM will try and sell you this for £20. I bought the kit from EpicBleedSolutions, which includes a bottle of the oil and the bleed adapter/syringes and instructions for the same £20. The instructions are just for bleeding the damper, but if you want to take the whole thing apart and change the oil (I did) then one bottle will just about be enough if you’re careful not to spill any. The official service manual is very helpful. You will also need very tiny circlip pliers if your going to take the whole thing apart.

That said, just bleeding it will probably cure any issues.

As per usual, you’ll need to replace O-rings and stuff but my forks came with a full service/seal kit with all included o-rings/washers so maybe yours did too.

It wasn’t too difficult, but as with all £600 forks, patience and copious amounts of tea are a help.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

3wt as stated above. Our latest article details how to bleed your Charger Damper using our bleed kit and details the Charger Damper removal process as well as refitting.

How to Bleed RockShox Charger Damper

http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/how-to-bleed-rockshox-charger-damper/

andyr
    Free Member

Just bookmarking for future reference. Ta. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PIke charge damper DIY service.’ is closed to new replies.