Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pike airshft circlip
  • J273
    Free Member

Im reducing the travel on my pikes but cant for the life of me remove the circlip holding the airshaft in place.

Ive been at it about an hour now but no joy 🙂

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove the clip?

Ta

qwerty
    Free Member

Push in the plastic bit behind circlip in, in order to stop it pressing against said circlip.

qwerty
    Free Member

….you have let all the air out first, yes?

J273
    Free Member

Yeah all airs out. So the plastic bit which stop the clip being pushed together do i push this down to allow the clip to be compressed?

qwerty
    Free Member

Yea, I found this helps, just use your fingers, releases any preload against the clip, decent circlip pliers help too.

J273
    Free Member

Ah thank you – After trying again i see what you have to do now, push it down pretty firm and then push it under the clip.

Thanks again

nickdavies

Good tip for this is to drop a suitably sized socket over the air shaft, push the socket against the air shaft guide (plastic bit) and remove circlip. Just easier than having fingers in there at the same time. You’ll need to do the same for refitting.

kirky72
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem for a while yesterday, watching how to vids on your tube said just push to the plastic tab one side, that doesn’t do anything you need to push it back into the shaft and under one end of the circlip. Once you know you can press the whole head end a few millimetres it’s a doddle. A push and press under the circlip and push it again when refitting.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Did anyone happen to be dropping from 160mm?

I need a 160mm pike airshaft to raise the travel on my 150mm forks.

27.5 forks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pike airshft circlip’ is closed to new replies.