Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • pics of bikes with Jones or Titec bars please.
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

As the title plus can you let me know your thoughts on using them? would they work on a road bike with Sti's?

many thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

sti's won't clamp on teh bars, so no.

singlespeedstu
    drinkmoreport
    Free Member

why not? same size bar on a road bike? daft they may look i'll grant you, but surly they'll clamp on the outside of the hmmm, h bit?

nunuboogie
    Free Member

found them a little too wide for singletrack, but i'm a short arse.

BigDummy
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

drinkmoreport – Member
    why not? same size bar on a road bike? daft they may look i'll grant you, but surly they'll clamp on the outside of the hmmm, h bit?

Nope, 22.2mm vs 23.8mm.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I have the narrower XC version – wish I had the wider ones. Best bars I've ever used, best looking too.

I have moved the brakes further along the bars, gives more room for the thumbs to hook onto the bars when climbing and easier shifting the the dual control levers.

Clink

How are you finding the fat front end??

cynic-al
    Free Member

I find it ridiculous!

OCB
    Free Member

I find them really comfortable.

Unsurprisingly I guess, given the backsweep, but I've found that I needed a slightly longer stem than I'd use with risers (which I've also found with Marys and Carnegies). You'll be out there anyway with a road stem, but you might need to reverse the stem (upwards) to give you a bit of lift on the bars tho'

Ignore the crap way I've taped mine – I can fix almost anything on a bike, but I still can't tape bars very neatly – this one is SS, so there's only brake levers on the bars …

The only thing I'm a tiny bit squeamish about – is that it feels like a crash will plant my brake hose/master cyclinder union into the ground before the lever would/could take some of the impact – (like it'd maybe do more readily given where the levers would sit if I was using 'standard' risers). No big deal (until I crash and make the repair 10x more annoying) …

😉

Wouldn't road STI's feel a bit too odd to use at that angle?
    What about using bar-end shifters (instead)?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Clink – the fat front end is great – really takes the edge off the trail for a rigid bike, the price to pay is slower steering and a bit more rolling resistance- In the really muddy conditions we have at the moment – I'd say the Endo has felt a little lacking in traction on wet muddy grass – the new Larry tyre has much more tread on it and hopefully will track better in these conditions, I'm thinking about importing a Larry.

I have a normal wheel – but I've only used it once! Says it all really 🙂

Clink

I'm thinking about importing a Larry

couple of videos of them on Jone's blog

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Yer – not brilliant vids though! Also they weigh 1350g!!!!

Chainline
    Free Member

Futon, not sur I agree the endo steers slower, heavier yes, but the bike steers no slower, subtle difference I accept. 😉

sslowpace
    Free Member

Love mine. Sooooo comfy.

Possibly the only Anthem with them….?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘pics of bikes with Jones or Titec bars please.’ is closed to new replies.