Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pics and book of my travels in Asia/China/NZ
  • mingsta
    Free Member

I’ve just finished putting together a scrapbook of photo’s and blogs from our three months travelling in Asia/China/NZ.

Blurb Book

Comes up a bit small at first glance, but you can zoom in via your browser or use the “View Full Page” button at the bottom right to see it in full detail.

Its my first attempt at putting something together on blurb.com, but its a tremendously exciting prospect – to be able to cheaply and easily put together books in very limited runs and share em with your mates etc. Some of the other books on the site are almost of publishable quality (though mine certainly isn’t!).

As for the travels, I’ve been in a mundane IT job for 12 years and am so glad I finally took some time out. Even managed a bit of cycling while out there.

China was amazing…a fascinating country that I’ll definitely be seeing more of in the future. Walking the peaks of Huang Shan and Tiger Leaping Gorge, you’d quickly realise that there’s far, far more to this country than cheap bike parts!

grumm
    Free Member

Cool pics and looks like a great trip. Great to be able to do this but £65 is still a little steep imo. I know it compares reasonably well to standard photo books etc but I wonder how many of my mates would spend £65 on something similar.

mingsta
    Free Member

Yup £65 is quite steep, but alright when you see it from the perspective of something that you can keep and look back on for years to come.

I agree, there’s no way any of yer mates are gonna fork out £65 for one of your books (unless its one of those “special interest” books with pics of the missus in a lederhosen), but its free to share it with em online.

grumm
    Free Member

😆

Ah, hadn’t noticed you could view full screen. Cool. 8)

jon1973
    Free Member

unless its one of those “special interest” books with pics of the missus in a lederhosen

Please, tell me more.

mingsta
    Free Member

Please, tell me more.

Thats a work in progress…these readers wives things always sound better than they’re cracked up to be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pics and book of my travels in Asia/China/NZ’ is closed to new replies.