Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Picolax. Yee ha!
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

I remember reading the picolax thread of old before having my procedure. Great thread. The invasion of my personal space was uncomfortable rather than awful and I had no drugs at all, think it’s luck of the draw on that count as to whether your colon is easily navigated or not. I have zero desire to go through it again but my tummy is increasingly rumbly which seems generally to be a sign of good health but I can’t help wondering if I’ll need to go again. No pun intended.

toby1

I’ve had veg soup for lunch for the last 3 days in a row, I believe the effect to be close to that of a dose of picolax. I already consume plenty of fibre!

allthegear
    Free Member

Hmm – never had picolax but they gave us something at the other end when I was in for *that* surgery and I’d say it was explosively effective in less than five minutes.

I guess I wasn’t really needing to worry about “invasion of my personal space” from that point on in the week…

Rachel

frankconway

Quite a range of views and experiences.
    Colonoscopy 3 times – nothing more than mild discomfort, even when biopsy taken; no anaesthetic required but needed a little gas & air once; tea & toast afterwards is blissful.
    One endoscopy – camera down throat into stomach; out for the count when that was done.

To use the medical term, I’ve been topped & tailed.

With both ends being done there’s still the bit in the middle where the intestine is folded in; there was some talk about a capsule endoscopy – miniature camera inside a tablet coating; recording device on your belt; swallow tablet; recording device does it’s stuff and after 2/3 days the camera has worked through & been flushed away; take recording device to hospital and wait for results. All painless.
    My thoughts – wow, this is Star Trek.
    Consultant’s opinion – no, we won’t do that. Bummer 😆

ampthill

Nothing and I mean nothing prepared me for that night

Did you read the original Picollax thread?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Picolax. Yee ha!’ is closed to new replies.