Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • Picking flowers in the countryside (middle class rant)
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Just one last point, how exactly do we propose to varify behond a shadow of a doubt that what is being said is infact the truth of how the events unfolded ❓

Surely without the capacity to independently varify what the OP reports or claims, all subsequent points of contention relating to the rights and wrongs of this situation or issue are infact bampot, numpty, idioticy 😀

zokes
    Free Member

I’d try verifying it to start with before you attempt to varify it.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Is it ok if I deliberately plant some daffodil bulbs in the countryside, then pick them in the spring?

(EDIT: then if some steaming bore comes along and tells me off for picking ‘wild’ flowers, I can tell them to bog off as I planted them myself)

cuckoo
    Free Member

Is it ok if I deliberately plant some daffodil bulbs in the countryside

IMO, answer = no

in this case the consequence isn’t a big deal but it seems a bit sad when we simply accept the destruction of something beautiful, that could be shared, because one group of people don’t have any appreciation that others might like to enjoy it

A bit like the local mountain bikers who have built trails through and destroyed areas of ancient woodland wildflower colonies deemed of international significance by Natural England.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What helmet for picking wild flowers?

hh45
    Free Member

Don’t worry they’ll grow back

Well actually they probably wont grow back because the bulb will not have had a chance to build up enough energy stores. Daffs and other bulb based plants need to be allowed to grow their whole season until they whither naturally. I think the OP did the right thing. Pikey scum should have been shot IMO. Probably trespassing as well.

jota180
    Free Member

Well actually they probably won’t grow back

the ones on my lawn that usually get mown whilst in ful flower always do

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Picking flowers in the countryside (middle class rant)’ is closed to new replies.