Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Picked up my new bike yesterday…..
  • andylc
    Free Member

Comparable bike to Capra would be the Range. Spec for price similar to Capra (better in some ways).
    DPA’s are great, but only with Tokens in. I use the shorter travel for really steep climbs and find it very useful. Custom bottomless tokens available from Maverick suspension. Without them I might have considered changing to Solos. I find them perfect with 2 tokens and I’m only 65kg.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Very nice bike..
    Did it come with the magic Mary and Hans dampf? Never seen that combo before. Imagine the magic Mary is a bit slow in the dry?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Cheers 😀

It did indeed come with HD / MM rubber.

Can’t say for sure, but it has felt fine the few miles I’ve done so far.

The MM has a very deep, chunky tread!

Gonna leave it as is just now, see how it goes….

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack OP.

@andylc
    We’re about the same weight. How much did the tokens set you back? Did you have to send them in for fitting?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks for the info – I’m 6ft2 with short legs and long torso so not sure which one would suit best between the L and XL!

BigDummy
    Free Member

This looks glorious. Love the colour! 🙂

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

groundskeeperwilly:

Where are you based? – You are welcome to try mine for size.

Evans in Glasgow had a few Sights in store when I collected mine.

If you want the same model as me in XL, Evans only have one left…..

andylc
    Free Member

Curiousyellow: the tokens from Maverick suspension worked out as $49 including shipping from the USA, at current exchange rate just over £30. They came with instructions and were very easy to fit. In essence they are Rockshox tokens with the middle machined out and fitted with o-rings so that they fit snugly on the central shaft of the forks.
    Email ethan@mavericksuspension.com

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Thanks!

Davesport

Hmm, what are you selling to make space for this ? We’re the same size 😀

samtdes
    Free Member

Hallo,
    Great Bike! Love the colour too.
    I just built one up for myself and love it too. I went for the C7.3 frame kit and added a Pike dual position 130/160 fork to the front. Drive is Shimano 2 x 11 with 203/180 trail brakes to slow me down. Wheels are DT Swiss ex1501 with tubeless Maxxis Ardents, 2.40 front and 2.25 rear. Carbon low riser Bars, short Stem and Fizik Tundra 2 seat…..also, weight weenie. It all comes in at about 12.5 Kg.
    This Bike climbs like a dream and the Cane Creek Inline is easy to tweak and no reliability issues.
    A friend of mine built a Norco Range similar to mine as he too needs two front Chainrings up front to climb the mountain trails here in the Alps. We take turns chasing one another on the trails and I see no need for more rear travel from the Frame. The Sight Carbon Frame is about 600g lighter than the Range and uses a lighter rear Damper. So, I am glad I went with the “smaller” Bike.
    I am really jealous of that Frame colour of yours but I needed the front dérailleur mount of the C7.3. Ok, the red colour of mine is also quite good looking. 8)

Congrats on your new Bike and enjoy it!

samtdes
    Free Member

Hi,
    Here is a Foto of mine.

Regards

jamj1974

Nice bike OP!

jamj1974

As is samtdes!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Hmm, what are you selling to make space for this ? We’re the same size

I sold a 2Souls Quarterhorse to buy this.

Fist proper ride at Comrie Croft today, bike felt amazing! – unbelievably plush.

Climbed really well, the CS on the rear shock makes a big difference.

Got it weighed too – 29lbs, bang on, not bad for an XL.

andylc
    Free Member

Gotta say I love 1×11 on the Range. Did a 3 mile climb from Coniston to the peak above the top of the Walna Scar Road yesterday and never felt like I needed another gear. Walked a couple of bits that were unrideable and near the top when I was knackered. I can climb better on it than on my old bike, which was lighter and with shorter travel.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Picked up my new bike yesterday…..’ is closed to new replies.