Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Physiotherapy Voluntary Work
  • Elsa
    Free Member

I am thinking of retraining as a physio. Anyone on here work as a physio? Do you like your job?
    I was thinking of doing a bit of physio voluntary work (a few hours per week) to get get some work experience, and I’m finding it difficult to find any. Any advice? I am looking in the Lancashire area

Thanks 🙂

timber

I’m a willing patient in S.Wales, 3 months of no riding and a back problem that has got worse after waiting 6 weeks for a physio appointment, I’m quite open to ideas…

cynic-al
    Free Member

HOw can you get voluntary work in an area where you need qualifications?

Elsa
    Free Member

One of the pre-requisites to get on the degree is do some work experience in it…

sprootlet
    Free Member

Hi Elsa
    I retrained as a physio when I was 27. I had a physio friend who arranged some experience for me and I wrote to my local hospitals and asked if I could spend some time in the physio dept. Getting experience as a mature student shouldn’t be too hard but don’t be put off if they only offer you 2-3 days rather than a few hours a week, you should still take it.
    It took my over 2 yrs to get on a degree course because my A levels had expired and I had to do 2 more A levels to get a place. If you do the A level route then expect them to ask for high grades (A or B), if you aren’t that academic then you might want to look at an access course. If you already have a degree then there are 2 yr accelerated MSc courses available. Another alternative is a 4 yr part time course but there aren’t many courses available.
    Sorry I can’t help with the experience (I’m in Essex) but all the very best, It was hard to get on the course but its a great job and after 9 yrs it’s still interesting…..
    Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Physiotherapy Voluntary Work’ is closed to new replies.