Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Physio Aid
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Had a bone graft on my forearm 8 weeks ago. Cast was taken off on Tuesday, looking good now but I fractured my wrist on the same side 2 years ago and now because it’s been immobilised for 8 weeks it’s like a block of (hard)wood.

Has anyone ever made a contraption to help get a wrist moving again?

I’m thinking elastic on a stick level of sophistication.

I hate physio more than hospital.

grantway
    Free Member

What about using the Power Ball unsure if to early but worth asking
    Power Ball

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You already have a gadget that is perfect to get your hand moving again. It’s called your other hand. Use it to stretch all the muscles in and around your arm and hand – bend your fingers and hand back and forwards, twist it, do elbow exercises and shoulder exercises – do them little and often throughout the day and you’ll be right as rain in a few weeks.

I’m guessing that you didnt bother with the almost identical exercises that the physio you saw after your operation gave you…

billysugger
    Free Member

Thought you were going elsewhere with your opening sentence then Zulus. They didn’t give me any.

I can do a certain amount using the other hand (and my face bizzarly) but it’s still so stiff. I’d looked at Powerball but it’s probably a bit early for that, more strength than mobility.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It took you a few weeks to get your wrist stiff, so it’ll take a while to get it to loosen up again. Dont be afraid to inflict a wee bit of pain on yourself.

grantway
    Free Member

how about squeezing and handling Play Dough ?

billysugger
    Free Member

Grant I thought only I would think about doing that 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

LOL OK mate think that would support and exercise and add less stress to repairing joints.

Hope for a speedy recovery fella.

ianv
    Free Member

years ago i had a broken scaphoid and was in pot for 3 months. i found that filling a basin with warm water and then moving/pressuring my wrist into various angles (while under water and warmed up) got me started pretty well.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I did exercises similar to these below to get the movement back in mine.

billysugger
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. It is amazing the difference warm water makes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Physio Aid’ is closed to new replies.