Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Photoshop question
  • tails
    Free Member

I have been asked to make 48 images 1000×701 pixels, I have a good basic knowledge of PS but what is the quickest way to do this I need to keep the images in proportion.

Currently I am opening the .jpg, then making a new workspace that is 1000×701 then dragging the .jpg into it and using free transform to re size it.

Yay or Nah

sputnik
    Free Member

Tails, you are taking a big chance here asking for free advice with Photoshop. You better offer the correct going rate for this sort of knowledge to be shared with you, unless you wan't to go stand in the corner next to Stratobiker and face the wall for the rest of the day! 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Easiest way is probably to create an action – open one of the pics, record an action to resize it, close the pic without saving. Then file>scripts>image processor.

Tick the checkbox at the bottom of the window to run your new action. Bob's yer uncle.

Be aware that you might need to seperate your folder of pics into landscapes and portraits before starting, and make a seperate action for each, or you'll end up with your portrait shots all cropped…

handyman153
    Free Member

Sounds like the way to do it in PS

I did a load of photos a while back that way (400 of them) but after the 10th i got so bored.
    I have now got a program that you shove them all into and it does it automatically keeping the proportion the same, you just set the size and click OK. Its called Batch Photo, there is a free download but it only lets you do 5 at a time. Could be quicker though?

I would quite happily do them for you. But getting them to me, might be more of a problem.

Cheers
    Josh…

b17
    Free Member

probably equally easy (or even easier) to download a free resizing tool.

I use Faststone photo resizer which seems to do the job just fine.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – batch process them.

Bit unfair re the stratobiker comparison. But if he had been asking someone to do them for £50 and he would pay if he was happy with the results…

tails
    Free Member

What did strato do, has he been ganged up on by the STW forum police? hope he hangs around i like strato.

Okay thanks for the advice i'll see what I can do.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lets not go back there. Binners called me names because of that thread and I almost lost some sleep over it.

maxlite
    Free Member

Batch process is the way to go

donsimon
    Free Member

I use faststonenow as Irfanview started doing strange things to some of the pixels. 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Just downloaded faststone out of interest – not the first time it's been recommended on here.

At first glance / use, it looks pretty good but doesn't solve the portrait / landscape issue. If you want all your pics to be 800 pixels (say) on their longest side, there's a checkbox in Photoshop's Image Processor which will make portraits and landscapes 800 pixels on vtheir largest side.

Can't find a similar thing in faststone – am I missing it?

donsimon
    Free Member

user-removed – Member

Just downloaded faststone out of interest – not the first time it's been recommended on here.

At first glance / use, it looks pretty good but doesn't solve the portrait / landscape issue. If you want all your pics to be 800 pixels (say) on their longest side, there's a checkbox in Photoshop's Image Processor which will make portraits and landscapes 800 pixels on vtheir largest side.

Can't find a similar thing in faststone – am I missing it?

I think you're missing it. Go to resize, check the box/tab which says "resize based on one side", pick the side you want, pick the size you want. Job done.

redthunder
    Free Member

Picasa

Job Done 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Aha! You have to use the drop down menu for the 'predefined side' and choose 'Long Side'. Took me a minute…..

donsimon
    Free Member

😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop question’ is closed to new replies.