Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Photos from SXC round 1 @ Kirroughtree – where do i find them?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

There were enough 'paps'there but i cant find any info on where they are published. Does anyone have any info they could share? i'm sure theres a pic of me face-planting in one! 😳

pixelmix
    Free Member

Apparently Colin Robinson is the only official SXC photographer, although he doesn't seem to have put any up yet (link to his site from the SXC website).

Dougal
    Free Member

Some here already: http://torks.co.uk and lots on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=kirroughtree&ss=2&s=rec

Enjoy.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cheers Dougal!

forge197
    Free Member

After I did the race headed out to spectate and we found a place to watch and saw a couple of over the bar moments, one sounded bad for the bike.

Was a rooty piece with three lines the right was the correct one, the middle was ok and the left mean't you were heading for a stump, was great to watch the different lines folk took and the various outcomes.

Didn't see me in any of those photos 😐

Dougal
    Free Member

forge197 – Where about was this triple-line-choice? Can't remember it, but then I can barely describe any trail or recognise it in a picture despite doing two practice laps and five in the race.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sounds like the steep descent before you jinked round to the left of the gate at the start of a climb. The bit at the end of the long rooty section which was beside the first steep climb.

Best bit of the course (which was excellent, I thought). The good line was to stay left and catch the right hand berm high up which spat you out between two trees and into the exit chute at high speed. Loved riding that bit!

forge197
    Free Member

I think it was around Gillions Gulley which was between marshall points 5 and 6 so towards the end, the bit described above sounds like near the beginning and that was indeed excellent, I thought the course was brilliant, I still ache now!!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Know where you mean, was failing at it in practice but flew over it in the race! just got lucky i suppose.

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

yep – the first techy drop is on the miners drop with the sweet berm at the bottom – I take the inside line there, as it's the straightest – and as for Gillons Gulley – gunna wait for a dusty dry day to launch myself at that one again I think forge

forge197
    Free Member

Good idea cutsngrazes but it's more fun when it's slippy

stuartie_c
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Photos from SXC round 1 @ Kirroughtree – where do i find them?’ is closed to new replies.