Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Photographers – Which Flash?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’m after a flash for my 7d… I dont ever plan on using it on the hotshoe… so it needs to work remotely.

Yongnuo YN568EX or Nissin Di866 ? I’m not sure if the Yongnuo has to work in slave mode remotely? does that mean I’ll also need wireless triggers?

davidjones15
    Free Member

How much you looking to spend?
    What are you looking to shoot?
    I like the Canon own brand that allow you to synch shutter speeds. They will work remotely too. An expert will be along soon.

grum
    Free Member

You can use the 7D built in flash to trigger other (canon) flashes but you’re better off with triggers IMO – more reliable. RF602s are ones a lot of people use and are very cheap. If you’re doing everything manual you can get the cheapest Yongnuo flash, you just need to be able to adjust power. Being able to tilt/swivel/zoom the flash is preferable though.

If not using triggers you can use the YN flashes in a dumb optical slave mode but I think there might be some that work with the 7Ds built in flash to let you adjust power etc remotely – not sure

alexxx
    Free Member

ok so triggers bought – your correct they do seem the most popular and more reliable than cactus ones in the past

still unsure on which flashes now tho – i’ll look at the cheaper man ones

GeForceJunky

4x RF-603 + 3x YN460 II + 24x 7dayshop 2900mah AAs

richpips
    Free Member

Unless you’re in a rush as in recycle times Yongnuo or Nissin are as good as the posh ones.

alexxx
    Free Member

thanks geforce bought 2 of those flashes and those batteries.. already bought the other 2 triggers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Photographers – Which Flash?’ is closed to new replies.