Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Photographers: Seb Rogers has a new website with pretty pictures on it
  • GrahamS

http://www.sebrogers.com/

Nice full screen photos and a new blog.

GrahamS

Oh and he is now on teh FaceBooks too:

http://www.facebook.com/SebRogersPhotography

billysugger
    Free Member

yum

nbt

Nice photos by a very nice chap. And some very good looking subjects 😉

xcgb
    Free Member

Hmm he should look at taking that up professionally……….

Wibble89
    Free Member

Most of those are lovely, a few seem not so good and (imo) detract a little from the portfolio.

Plus lots of them are wrecked by having a marin in them 😉

GrahamS

What ones are you not keen on Wibble?

(Just idly interested: I know some people don’t like Seb’s signature wide-angle-and-slave-flash for some reason)

portlyone

They all make me want to get on my bike

D0NK

how narrow are those bars?
    Used to be my phone desktop yonks ago erm how did he do that?
    some lovely stuff on there

Wibble89
    Free Member

tbh it is probably that i’m looking at them using my (bad for colour) screen. Really like most of them but there are a couple that seem washed with no real colour saturation or a little too sharp for my eye (these are two things my screen really does badly, gamma is too high and the contrast is terrible but its nice and big). So probably best to ignore me really.

nbt

erm how did he do that?

I remember when that came out. chest mounted camera, remote release, Mike (pro elbows) Davis riding pretty slowly, seb running alongside with a cable release IIRC. MIddle moor, one of the finest trails around.

D0NK

seb running alongside with a cable release IIRC

can’t see him in the shadow and it looks FAST
    Only realised it was middle moor when I saw “peak district” at the bottom 30mins ago*, had a look and thought “Hang on I’ve ridden THAT!”
    Recognised the boredale hause ones aswell, seb obviously has good taste in trails 🙂

*when i had it on my phone it was 640×480 or some other silly small res

nbt

can’t see him in the shadow and it looks FAST

well, running behind. Slow shutter speed.

Or course, I may have mis-remembered. It was originally published in ST mag and I recall there was an article (or maybe forum post) about it, but that was pre-hack

oxym0r0n

Lovely photos but I gave up due to download time 🙁

GrahamS

It’s pretty near instant for me. Crap connection?

leffeboy

Lovely pictures but as Wibble89 says, he could do with easing off the post processing a little (for my tastes)

redthunder
    Free Member

Nice site 🙂

Is this Seb Rogers the new messiah or something ?

Dont forget the resident snappers here:

Photos you have taken in the last month of which you are proud?

GrahamS

I think he’s more like the old messiah – been seeing his photos in mountain bike mags for as long as I care to remember. 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

@grahams
    They are a bit samey… but still quite tidy.

grum
    Free Member

Yup some very nice stuff there.

I still reckon .duncan off here’s bike photography is some of my favourite though.

GrahamS

They are a bit samey…

I guess that’s the trouble with shooting mainly for mags. They generally want blue sky, action shot, gurn smile, elbows out, processed with plenty of contrast and pop, and enough space for some copy text.

DavidB
    Free Member

I have commissioned a book cover pic which Seb took, trust me, it ain’t samey and I could not have worked with a better guy.

MrSmith
    Free Member

the images look great on a big monitor and they scale well.
    some great atmosphere/action shots.
    the bits of dust in focus on the crank bros wheels make me flinch though ❗ (but it’s my job to look at details like that)

They are a bit samey.

exactly what an art director is looking for, delivering consistency, coming up with the goods whatever the challenges and the ability to work to a brief.

Bunnyhop

I still reckon .duncan off here’s bike photography is some of my favourite though.

Agree with that.

I met Duncan at ‘The Farmer John’s’ night DH race last September, also a nice (very) young man.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Photographers: Seb Rogers has a new website with pretty pictures on it’ is closed to new replies.