Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Photographers – how do you manage your photos
  • thewanderer
    Free Member

I have ~80k digital photos (not all of them good!). I’m looking for a good system to manage them from download from the Camera to picking the best ones and giving friends and relatives access to selected ones.

Currently they are stored on a ReadyNas duo v1. but I find this really clunky to use and kept up to date. I need a simple, easy to manage system. I’m a little hesitant to put it all on dropbox but I guess that could be an option if it can be managed well.

How do y’all manage your photos? What would you suggest for me?

Thanks in advance!

5thElefant
    Free Member

How do y’all manage your photos?

Ruthlessly.

What would you suggest for me?

Picasa.

jimmyjimmywhoops
    Free Member

I use Lightroom 4, which is excellent for applying filters as you catalogue and very flexible in its organisation.

I agree with 5th as well, be super ruthless and for free software, Picasa is excellent.

flyingmonkeycorps

What 5thElefant said.

thewanderer
    Free Member

So if I use Picasa, where should I store them?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I store mine on a pc, backup to a NAS, and low resolution emergency-my-house-and-has-burnt-down backup to picasaweb.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Lightroom 4
    Previous years data stored on a NAS with a 1 Gig Link.
    Current Years stored on the Desktop/Laptop (and backed up!)

I’m ruthless in deleting the none decent shots tough,this keeps the total count down.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Exactly as above for me.

Use lightroom, rate or flag photos i want to keep/edit and reject the others. Use the lightroom cleanup tool to delete all rejected photos.

Cant see me changing, does everything i need and does it well.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Lightroom 4 for me too on a PC, backed up to a fast internal drive and to an external removable HDD as well. I’ll be replacing the external HDD and backing up to a NAS of some sort later.

jwr

Lightroom, small RAID array and backups to external HDDs.

footflaps

I use Picassa and a set of three 1Tb USB drives (have photos copied to all three, in case one fails).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Photographers – how do you manage your photos’ is closed to new replies.