Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Photochromic Sunglasses for road use
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any Photochromic Sunglasses for road use?

Thanks 🙂

prawny

Oakley Radars EV

JEngledow
    Free Member

Is there anywhere with a decent sale on (non-fake) Oakleys?

onandon
    Free Member

Oakley evzero path.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Prizm Road in your preferred shape.

Transitions aren’t really fast enough for some of the sudden light changes around here. At speed in to wooded “tunnel” roads can get dark, fast.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Transitions aren’t really fast enough for some of the sudden light changes around here. At speed in to wooded “tunnel” roads can get dark, fast.

I’ve been using some cheap Decathlon transitions for a couple of years and haven’t found the move from light to shade too much of an issues (I could just get some new decathlon ones, but fancy something a little posher!)

flossie
    Free Member

I have a pair of Oakley Jawbones (not sure what they are now called) which are great. I can open the frames and remove the prescription transition lenses and if im wearing my contact lenses, use a standard lens in various tints/colours. I find them incredibly versatile. But not cheap!

davosaurusrex

I find that the wooded tunnels combined with the low winter sun a real problem at this time of year. Some transitions that go from nearly clear to a bit tinted would do me, don’t need to be particularly dark. Any recommendations?

legend
    Free Member

You won’t ever notice how dark the glasses go, they always seem to be “just right” imo

EVZero Range here

peteimpreza

By road use do you mean cycling on the road or driving a car ?

If its driving you will need lenses with a special coating to work inside a car behind a glass windscreen.

scotroutes

I’ve used Oakley Transitions for years and had no problem with the speed of transition.

siontrack

Laser ss1 for me

JEngledow
    Free Member

By road use do you mean cycling on the road or driving a car?

Sorry, I mean cycling on the road!

LeeW

I don’t think you can bet Rudy Project, some great deals on Wiggle at the moment.

I like that you can bend the arms a little to fit around the retention cradle on my helmet.

njee20
    Free Member

Oakley Clear Black Iridium in whichever frame suits you most/you like most – Radar, Radarlock, Racing Jacket (Jawbone), Radar EV.

Radar or Radarlock for me.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Any recommendations for driving use?

Cheers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Photochromic Sunglasses for road use’ is closed to new replies.