Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Photo folk.
  • Merak

I wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice? I got myself a new compact camera with a WI-FI feature, its a Canon s110. To be honest the wireless connectivity appealed to me more than anything but Im struggling to get it connected to my WI-FI network.

Ive got it to ‘see’ the network and my pc name but it wont connect. I wondered if anyone had one of these or could suggest where I am gong wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

leffeboy

I don’t know this particular device but it seems a bit common these days unfortunately for not all devices to connect to your home wifi, especially if it is an older wifi point that you got before the 802.11n standard completely solidified. The usual way to find if your wifi is the problem is to try going through the following

1. Try fixing the ‘type’ of wifi. e.g. fix it to g or n rather that the mixed b/g/n mode

2. Try finding an empty channel using inssider. Some devices seem to be more upset by other stuff on the same channel

3. Try changing the sort of security e.g. fix it to either WPA or WPA2 rather than mixed. You could even try switching it off temporarily

These may not fix your problem long term but they should at least give you a clue as to if the problem is with your network or the camera

good luck

Merak

Cheers for that. I sussed it in the end, twisted my melons for a couple of hours first though. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Photo folk.’ is closed to new replies.