Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Photo Books? Blurb?
  • ski
    Free Member

I am sure it was someone on here that recomended Blurb for photo books?

Looking to transfer 800-1000 images into a number of books!

So any recommendations for photo books would be a great help?

Thanks..

[Did do a search, but it came back blank]

DezB
    Free Member

The Photobox books come out great. Trouble is, their website is utter garbage 🙁

Ewan
    Free Member

I’ve used blurb, the end result was excellent (printing, paper quality, etc), although you do need to put the work in to get it that way (using their software).

ski
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, if I am going to do this the paper & print quality is more important than price, thanks for the advice.

stumpy01

To contrast with Ewan’s experience, a mate used Blurb after a recommendation and was really disappointed with it.
    Not as good as a Photobox book that I’d had done previously.

DrJ

+1 for Blurb – very impressed by the quality

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – had a few done by different companies in the past and nothing came close to Blurb. Just be sure to choose the ‘Premium Paper’ option.

organic355
    Free Member

the ones you get through iphoto are good, but you obviously need a MAC for that.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Blurb is good quality, colours came out a little darker than I’d hoped for though. Layout can be made very good but you have to put the time and effort in.

beamers

Another vote for blurb.

However, the first book that I created came out quite dark so had to lighten the photos to make it look OK. Pictures then looked to bright on the screen of the computer.

There’s some info about getting the colours and brightness right in the blurb FAQ section.

Apart from that the books are top notch and the blurb software is very flexible. Let you imagination run riot.

Here’s one I made earlier.

(Feel free to be the first person to buy a copy)

DrJ

Well, if we’re advertising … cheque books out 🙂

Mowgli
    Free Member
    footflaps

Done a couple with Blurb, very impressed by them, the SW you download to create the book is excellent.

Book 1
    Book 2

joemarshall
    Free Member

I’ve used blurb for illustrated books (children’s picture books), and the quality was great. Colour was pretty close, although it is mainly pretty solid primary colours so less important to me than if I was doing it with photos.

There is some stuff about colour management here:
    http://www.blurb.com/resources/color_management

Joe

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Photo Books? Blurb?’ is closed to new replies.