Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • phones of the non smart variety, what's good?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Trying to cut costs and wean myself off the internet, I’m now out of contract with phone company. Looking for a non smart phone with good battery life, what’s good and robust for biking etc, doesn’t need to have all the bells and whistles that are a “must” these days

ComradeD
    Free Member

nokia 6700 classic

had it a for 18 months. Looks lovely and is solid. Lasts 3-4 days with decent use

takisawa2

Not as “Smart” as the latest offerings, but I always found the Nokia 5800 had a good battery & still retained some of the more useful functions of a Smart phone. Should be available cheaply nowadays. I kept mine in case I didnt get on with my HTC.

rOcKeTdOg

the 5800 is a touch screen isn’t it, want to move away from those if possible, can you still get phones with buttons?

ampthill

27102010090web by John Clinch, on Flickr

Nokia C5 has gps, internet and an OK camera (actually some of its photos have been great)

but buttons for calls

it cost me £100

Nokia X3 (bouht one for my dad)

Buttons and touch screen. Internet but no gps.

I’m pay as you go but if you use the internet at all (say just for base maps on Sports tracker) you need to top up £10 a month to get the “free” internet. But on O2 thats all te calls and texts I need

ampthill

no this one

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/Nokia/C5?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-postpay-_-O2_+_Nokia_C5_-_-C5_02_GGL_Exact

sorry didn’t realise they did a touch version

C5 02 is the candy bar

C5 01 is the slider

RealMan
    Free Member

Been using a nokia 6500s for the past 2 or so years. One of the buttons has lost a bit of paint. Otherwise good as new. Even survived a few days in a leaky tent in north wales, which killed my ipod.

If you want something robust that just sends texts and makes calls, plus has a camera and a few other bits, then nokia is the way forward.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m back on my old SE k800i, blooming marvelous!

Simon

Have a look at the nokia 3720, it’s water and dust resistant but not oversize or chunky. Had mine for 18 months with no problems.

dawson

another vote for Sony k800, I’ve had it for 5 years, battery life isn’t as good as it used to be, but its got a reasonable camera on it.

Its not as light as some phones, but its pretty sturdy

mocha
    Free Member

samsung B2100 – rubbury, waterproof, simple as a simple thing – bounces well too.

simon_g

Nokia 1616 or 1800 are great – light, cheap, battery life that seems absurd these days. 13 hours talktime or 34 days standby OK for you?

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers chaps, will check those out, sound ideal

sambob
    Free Member

Samsung Genio Qwerty, won gadget show top 5 for PAYG phones under £60. Absolutely bombproof, was using it on the crazy catch rebound net thingy at cricket today to prove it. Doesn’t mind being damp either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘phones of the non smart variety, what's good?’ is closed to new replies.