Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Phone not connecting using 3G after setting up wireless…
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Yesterday I set my mobile phone (Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro) to connect to my wireless router at home but ever since it has not been able to connect to the internet via the 3G connection.

Data transfer is on but wireless is off. The ‘H’ symbol on the top bar is showing so I’m in an area with reception. If I switch wireless on at home it connects and I can browse the internet fine on it but not using 3G. It was working fine on 3G before I set up the wireless connection.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do to get it to work with 3G again?

jeffl

From memory it’s Android isn’t it? If it’s displaying the H in the status bar then it should be connected via 3G. Is it any specific apps or even simple stuff like web browsing? Obviously if connected via WiFi that will be used instead of 3G. But it sounds like that’s wroking correctly.

You can always get the network (O2, Vodafone etc) to send you the details in a text message so they’re automatically reset. Failing that just google the settings for your network.

swoosh
    Free Member

Yeah it’s andriod. it’s all apps that connect to the internet i.e. browser, mail app, weather app, facebook, market.

I’ve tried it with wifi turned on but not at home just in case that makes a difference and nothing. I’ve googled the settings and they are all correct. I’ve had this phone for about a year and not had an issue until yesterday when I set it up to work with my wifi at home.

will probably try ringing vodafone when i get home to see if they can sort the issue.

glenh
    Free Member

Yep, problem with your network I’d say.
    If the H (or 3G or G) symbol is at the top, then the phone has successfully made a data connection to the network, it’s just not getting any data from it!

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Have you tried moving away from the wireless network and checking that 3G reconnects ? That’s how my HTC works.

Automatically toggles between wifi when it’s available and 3G otherwise.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Ignore that last post, just re-read the above and clearly you have tried that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Try resenting the data connection settings to your phone from your network providers website. Perhaps the phone has lost the APN information for some reason.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Have you turned it off and on again?

Then try off, SIM out, on, off, SIM in, on again. That’ll reset it on the network

exposed
    Free Member

maybe the settings on the phone. you may have mobile browsing disabled and hence only working when on wi-fi.

the H is HSDPA which is faster version of 3G

Cougar

Put it in airplane mode for a minute and then go back to normal. Failing that, reboot it as per ourkidsam’s advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Phone not connecting using 3G after setting up wireless…’ is closed to new replies.