Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Phone Cameras – I know I'm getting old but blimey.
  • wwaswas

Took a pic of the dog when I was out walking him yesterday;

Not a great photo but I was mucking about on the phone zooming in and noticed a reflection in his eye, it’s me and the sun setting behind me.

As I said I’m old but the level of detail a lens about 4mm across can capture when it’s a subsidiary function of another device is just incredible. I’d say ‘neat’ but I’m not *that* old.

Got any good phone camera pics?

wwaswas

Ah, missed that thread – thanks 🙂

scaredypants

nice dog

was he pulling a sled or were you two going parachuting later, ww ?

GrahamS
    wwaswas

was he pulling a sled or were you two going parachuting later, ww ?

It’s his life jacket for when he goes in the pond.

He’s sick if we just use the collar with a lead and he pulls against it so we use a harness instead.

It has a loop at the front you attach the lead to that stops him pulling at all which is good for my wife and daughter as although he’s only 5 months old if he decides to go he’s got a lot of traction.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^^
    Evil laser eye dog!

Cougar

wwaswas

he’s in singletrack detector mode there CFH

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lovely dog. A trainer can help with the pulling, I think he’s young enough to stop it.

I still find my iPhone6 camera far inferior to my 6 year old £100 Lumix but the phone is so much more conveninet. Cameras are a big selling point for the phones and are going to get better and better.

DezB
    Free Member

Lovely dog. A trainer can help with the pulling, I think he’s young enough to stop it.

Agree on all counts there! GSP is a similar “brand” and we never really put the work in to stop the pulling (me because I hardly walk her – always bike rides, and ex-wife, because she just wanted to get on with getting the dog out).
    So, the dog is 8 now and still has to have a harness. Not ideal.

And rather off-topic! Rooby-roo!

On-topic, I was rather disappointed with my iPhone 6’s attempts at a landscape yesterday. Thought they were supposed to be good cameras..?
    Very grainy and lacking in detail, but maybe I used too much digi zoom

GrahamS

Very grainy and lacking in detail, but maybe I used too much digi zoom

Yep. Digi-zoom isn’t real zoom.

All it does is pretty much what WW did in the OP, crops into a small part of a bigger picture. So yeah, it will lack detail and look grainy.

Also probably doesn’t help that it looks like your focus point was the beach in the foreground.

wwaswas

He’s only 5 months and we do work on it – he’s mostly fine tbh, it’s just if something catches his interest he’ll start pulling.

Walking with a treat in one hand to keep him ‘close’, that sort of thing.

Mostly he’s off the lead now though so it’s less of an issue – which isn’t a huge incentive to put it right, I know.

DezB
    Free Member

Digi-zoom isn’t real zoom

I knows, s’why I specified “digi”. But fair point about the focus. That’s the other problem with cameras on phones – if it’s bright out, you can’t really see the screen and what you’re photographing.

Mostly he’s off the lead now though so it’s less of an issue – which isn’t a huge incentive to put it right, I know.

Exactly the same here – live a few mtrs from the woods, so hardly walk on-lead.

GrahamS

That’s the other problem with cameras on phones – if it’s bright out, you can’t really see the screen and what you’re photographing.

Not just phones – loads of “proper” cameras only have a rear view screen now. Absolutely useless on a sunny day – give me a proper optical viewfinder any day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Phone Cameras – I know I'm getting old but blimey.’ is closed to new replies.