Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Phone call/text help – to UK from cambodia/vietnam/Laos
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

We are going to ca,bodia/vietnam/laos this summer and i need to be in phone or text contact without wifi/data at times. With wifi whatsapp will be fine.

What are the options sim wise/where do i look? totally baffled by this!!!

cheers in advance

cornholio98
    Free Member

Depends how long you are going to be places. In Vietnam I was there for a while (5 weeks, maybe more) so bought a local sim from a phone shop thing there. In Laos and Cambodia I just used my UK SIM to receive texts in the event of an emergency. I had no desire for people to be calling me as even if there was any issue there would be nothing I could do other than get stressed.

iamanobody
    Free Member

not dead helpful that tbh!! I need to be in touch with my daughter on a regular basis in the uk so need to be able to ring or receive texts/send texts to her

sim card in vietnam – was that for internal calls or external?

antennae
    Free Member

I thought cornholio’s response was pretty helpful!

Make sure your UK phone is set up for international roaming. Then you’ll be able to make/receive calls and texts, but it might be a bit expensive.

If you’re going to be in each country longer than a week or so, consider buying a local SIM card instead. Here’s a guide to the SIMs in each country:

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Phone call/text help – to UK from cambodia/vietnam/Laos’ is closed to new replies.