• This topic has 54 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by will.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Phoenix Nights
  • will
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member
    “can you hear me now??”

2tyred – Member
    “Get back you bastard I’ll break yer legs”

Love these bits so much! Really is quality TV.

Looking forward to Peter Kay’s new tour DVD. 7th November!

hora
    Free Member

Max and Paddy- the scene where Paddy is caught masterbating

‘Paddy has needs! Paddy has needs!’

BoardinBob

“What does it say?”

“Pissflaps….what the bleedin’ hell is pissflaps?”

Cougar

I didn’t watch a lot of it, but I do remember

“How far away are they?”

… and that’s set me off giggling like an idiot here.

The other bit that sticks in the mind, is they’re next to the tram lines in Blackpool, and there’s a memorial “to Allan” on the lamp-post. Inspired.

nbt

My fave was the episode of Max & Paddy where they “obtained” a massive plasma screen for the van, then realised they had to use headphones – especially the closing scenes where Max was woken by Paddy

(Series 1, Episode 1, it turns out)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Shbe6pJLBOk#t=207s[/video]

edit – this link takes you to the right scene 😀
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Shbe6pJLBOk#t=207s

“Euurgh, Ger off, geroff! You animal, how could you!”

lowey

Brilliant telly. So much humor all crammed into it. I love the snippets of the end of conversations that you hear when the clip starts…

Den Perry “anyway lads, like I say, she has got a cock, so you have been warned”

cranberry
    Free Member

The bit that has had me in tears of laughter tonight is:

“Channel 4 and Peter Kay would like to state that the character of Keith Lard may have led some persons to wrongly believe that the character was based on a Mr. Keith Laird. We wish to make it clear that this is not the case, and would like to apologise to Mr. Laird and his family for the distress caused. We have also agreed to make a donation to the Fire Service Benevolent Fund and to Mr. Laird’s family for his and his family’s personal distress.”

“Mr. Laird’s contribution to fire safety in Bolton is well documented and his professionalism and personal integrity are not in any doubt. If you would like more information on fire safety either contact your local fire station or go to channel4.com/firesafety for a list of links to useful websites. This information has been put together with the co-operation of both Greater Manchester County Fire Service and Keith Laird.”

😯

iain1775
    Free Member

It’s genius
    In the next couple of months I’ve tickets to see Daniel kitson, Janice ‘Barbara nice’ Connolly and Dave Spikey standup gigs
    Well worth checking out the entire cast of Phoenix nights, they are all brilliant stand up comedians (although Mr Kay’s last tour was a bit weak)

Sawyer
    Free Member

Ah, I’ve not seen this in ages, I have the boxset upstairs. Genius programme, and I’m a southerner.

Ray Von has to be my favourite character though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Didn’t Daniel Kitson fall out with Peter Kay afterwards? Something to do with Kay taking credit for work he and Dave Spikey did.

totalshell

garlic bread.. job done.. smiles for rest of evening

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!”

weare138
    Free Member

“shut your legs you little slut”
    “watch your mouth, there’s a child’s bike outside”
    The Half a Sixpence gig is a classic!

swamp_boy

Well I’m a southerner and I think its funny. Mind you when I was working up that way I was a regular guest at the Mercury Motel in Westhoughton. Big band night was the highlight of the week, straight out of Pheonix nights.

will
    Free Member

Watched the new tour DVD last night. Brilliant!

The school teachers bit was amazing, had me crying.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Phoenix Nights’ is closed to new replies.