• This topic has 81 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Phew, now safely home … (holiday from hell content)
  • jahwomble
    Free Member

Terrier jump jet…….

cinnamon_girl

That is brilliant!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Anywhere past J6 on the M25 is "up North" as far as I'm concerned. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

UziChick will sort it all out!

And, if that doesn't work….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what's so great about Watford then ?

Personally I don't see the point of going as far north as Edgware Road.

cinnamon_girl

Well, there's certainly been some laughs on here tonight! After 7.1/2 hours in the car it has been much appreciated. 8)

Edgware Road? Church Street Market was a frequent haunt of mine, when I was younger obviously.

john_drummer
    Free Member

but the noise of 50 or so cattle is pretty much likely what you'll hear at 4 o'clock in the morning in the country.

be grateful it wasn't a Greek island, where 50 odd goats about to be milked can make a pretty unnerving sound!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

cg – I'm a fellow noise freak (at night) – this place is utterly silent after many years of living in noisy cities.

Very occasional fox noise but that's it – so damn quiet that whenever I stay anywhere else, any noise wakes me up. All we hear is birdsong in the mornings.

Not all countryside is noisy and I absolutely love it!

Edric64
    Free Member

50 cows thats a small holding not a farm ,can't have been in real countryside.I bet the 'farmers' wore hunters

yunki
    Free Member

countryside noises are always much better and easier to appreciate when sleeping outside amongst them..

that is all I have to say about this

tazzymtb

CG you were lucky the cow suicide bombers didn't get you!

Quote from the reqister

A US couple had a lucky escape when a 600lb cow unexpectedly landed on the bonnet of their minivan, unsurprisingly causing "heavy damage".

According to AP, Michigan-based Charles and Linda Everson were visiting the area around Lake Chelan, Washington, to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. On their way back to the hotel near Manson on Sunday, the bovine in question decided to plummet from a 200ft cliff and impact without warning against the vehicle.

Charles Everson admitted he "didn't see the cow falling and didn't know what happened until afterward". He added he'd been reduced to repeating: "I don't believe this. I don't believe this."

see, it could have been so much worse

marsdenman
    Free Member

am seriously tempted to move there!

not all bad then….. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

did your cottage not have doors and windows ? – or walls and a roof ? was it infact a tent ? or a marquee or possibly made of cardboard and duckspit ?

**** city slickers – and i can say that now im back out of the **** city – dreadful places . only good for one thing – getting drunk !

Ambrose

Not proper hills then. Cows- pahh! Cows are for softies. Proper hills have sheep in them. Bleating things that they are.

OCB
    Free Member

Doesn't everyone hear cows first thing in the morning?
    I'd think 'twas odd if I didn't hear them, or the sheep, or the chickens/geese …

😕

konabunny
    Free Member

one morning, some cows mooed a bit….?
    can you claim on your insurance?

lol

khani
    Free Member

Mooing cows
    Baaing lambs
    A fighter jet
    Sounds like hell on earth, its grim ooop north 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    flippinheckler
    Free Member

City dwellers 🙄 Southern softies 🙄 Complaining wingeing, perhaps you should take a film directer and location manager to provide you with the perfect scenario for your holiday, holiday from hell did you forget your medication! 😆

Karinofnine

Hey C_G, glad you're back. Catch up soon. x

epicyclo

john_drummer – Member
    …be grateful it wasn't a Greek island, where 50 odd goats about to be milked can make a pretty unnerving sound!

Is that because of what happens after the stroking of their udders?

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for all being such good sports and making me laugh. 8)

A wee touch of post-holiday blues set in literally before I got in the door. 🙁

C_G

PS: I love the countryside really!

Drac

You were up here weren't you, where abouts?

hora
    Free Member

So what were the redeeming features? Any headcam footage? Any long hours of fun? Email in profile!

cinnamon_girl

Hello Drac. I was staying in Holystone, near Rothbury. That naturally meant I just had to do the Whitefield Hill descent 8) It didn't disappoint! Had a fantastic ride over Broadstruther way (near Wooler), what a pretty valley.

Drac

Holystone though it well my school friend lived there when I was a kid, RIP Stuart, very pretty. Is the Salmon open again my parents would walk my brother and I in the Holystone and we'd play in the stream at the pub after.

Whitefield Loop is a lovely loop great for the winter. Broadstruther, good choice nice descents and stunnig views and no one around. Explains why you seen some many jets you right on the edge of the rangers. We used to play on them and find the phorphorous grenades to take apart and then set fire to.

cinnamon_girl

hora – you really don't want to know!

cinnamon_girl

Drac – no sign of a pub! Descents in Broadstruther area were steep and loose. Rode in Old Bewick too, scene of low flying jet. The Farne Islands were visible apparently. Rode on the Ranges also when there was no shooting, funny seeing a Roman Camp at Chew Green.

Got a bit worried when I exited Simonside and could see there was some "trail modifications". Was so hoping it hadn't been sanitised and I had nothing to worry about, ragged it down there. 8)

myheadsashed

Maybe the cows were getting their own back because of your snoring!! 😀

cinnamon_girl

Maybe the cows were getting their own back because of your snoring!!

How did you know that? 😯

😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

I they were them crazy Cravendale cows!

cinnamon_girl

I enjoyed that Bob!

Drac

Has it blimey what a shame. Sanitised trails I hope not. You got a rare treat with broadstruther then usually always wet.

MrNutt
    Free Member

MooTFU?

fisha
    Free Member

Doesn't everyone hear cows first thing in the morning?

yeah, she normally says " cup o tea please "

just kiddin 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

lol at the telegraph list of ridiculous complaints.

"The beach was too sandy"
    "There were too many Spanish people"

jojoA1
    Free Member

Hearing sheep cough close to one's tent is quite unnerving. They sound exactly like human coughs. NOt what you want to hear when you believe you are alone in the hills in the dead of night…

epicyclo

Nah, camping near a creek in North Queensland and hearing a big croc is unnerving, in a sort of bowel loosening way.

downshep
    futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes – "we seem to have gone on holiday by mistake!" – from Withnail and I

Cows mooing in the countryside who'd have thought it!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Phew, now safely home … (holiday from hell content)’ is closed to new replies.