Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Phantom browsers….!?
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

Just realised that I browse the forum a lot but don’t actually contribute and was wondering if I’m alone in this or are there others like me?

I’d like to contribute more but just don’t, either through lack of interest or the fact that some threads move so fast with the same people, getting involved seems a waste of time.

Regardless can I just say thanks to those who do post some of the topics certainly make laugh while I’m having my lunch!

Steve

wwaswas

I suspect you’re not alone;

portlyone

The Big Hitters would argue they add another 10% 😉

bigblackshed

I read more than I post. A lot of threads move too quick to justify adding to them. I’d only be contributing to something that was 2 or 3 pages back.

I can also kill threads instantly. Not so much here but on other forums.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Cool don’t feel quite so odd now 😐

piemonster

Heavy Contributors

Is that what you’re calling it these days

matt_outandabout

I have a great record in being the last to post in a thread. 😐

Cougar

The Big Hitters would argue they add another 10%

On a good day, I probably add that on my own (-:

PePPeR

There are a huge amount of Lurkers sat reading, (pepper been addicted since GoFar days).

genghispod
    Free Member

I sometimes type a reply, then decide not to send it. Often because I have several beers in me and will look like a cock if I do. Sometimes I send it and look like a cock anyway.

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I’d post more but can never remember my password !

PiknMix
    Free Member

I post a bit nowadays but I contribute absolutely nothing.

Keep lurking no one minds 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Often because I have several beers in me and will look like a cock if I do. Sometimes I send it and look like a cock anyway.

To be fair, it’s the people who don’t look like cocks who stand out.

mike399
    Free Member

I have thought about this before.
    To put it in perspective, when the PSA for the CRC slx shifters thread happened a while back, I tried buying some that evening but couldn’t on my phone. Someone posted there were some 900+ in stock that evening. By the following evening they were all sold out, with only about 30 or so posts on the thread. It didn’t seem like they were snapped up in bulk batches either. (never did get any. doh.)The Evans code error must have cost them a fortune!…
    So, there is evidently a huge number of ‘readers to poster’ ratio.

chewkw
    Free Member

Glad that you enjoy reading the forum but I say some of the arguments do come from very tiny universe … that you can potentially step on and squash like jelly. :mrgreen:

piemonster

There are a huge amount of Lurkers sat reading

filthy perves

CountZero

There are a huge amount of Lurkers sat reading

Well, there’s only three of them these days, and I’m not sure if they’re playing Reading, possibly Guilfest, though…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I only contribute threads like this one to get my post count up to give my classifieds ads-selling persona a veneer of believability.

One day some bozo is going to paypal gift me three grand for my diamond-encrusted Titanium Ibis Mojo HD XJS that may or may not exist and it will all have been worth it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Phantom browsers….!?’ is closed to new replies.