Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Phall 2
  • Kryton57

Oh no. I fancied a hot curry but not wanting to repeat the Phall episode, I asked for the next thing down from Vindaloo. So, a katmandu chicken is on the way. But I’ve just received a phone call to ask if I wanted the whole naga chilli or just the essence… 😯

Bregante

Anything less than whole is just a waste of food.

yossarian
    Free Member

I hope you asked for the whole chilli, anything less reflects poorly on your manhood.

trout
    Free Member

Only one Naga Wuss

chvck
    Free Member

Bit of a tangent but very related. Does food cooked for a long time lose heat? If I make a quick chilli with a couple of nagas then it’s seriously hot but I slow cook a chilli over say 8 hours with a couple of nagas then it’s not very hot at all but has amazing depth of flavour. Is there some reason for this?

Kryton57

I’ve got hot and spicy chickpeas to start as well. It’s going to be a windy night.

bigblackshed

Last time we went to the curry house I had the lamb Katmandu. Wasn’t bonkers hot, sweet and sour with some chilli bite. It was bloody lovely if memory serves me right.

So you may just be windy rather than dabbing the ring with sudocreme, Kryton.

Obviously you are now less than a real man for not having the whole chilli, but, hey-ho. 😉

Kryton57

About 5 mins from finding out. Our local has a “Hot” chef and a “not hot” chef. Judging by the chickpeas the “hot” chef is on tonight.

cloudnine
    Free Member

At least it will take your mind off the bike you should have bought

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m interested in the question about cooking reducing heat as I always find that frying the chillies at the start with onions and whatever else is going to be the base of the dish really reduces the kick. On the other hand, adding the chillies to the liquidy stage of a dish seems to make them mega-hot. Especially if the liquid is tomato in origin (I know tomato juice is a known enhancer of chilli heat). Also, to bring this thread back to the level of the previous one, a tomato-based dish with a load of chillies causes TNTesque repercussions for me……………

P.S. If you want to try something that is very hot and spicy, but not one of the usual suspects, try Eritrean food. There is a restaurant on Brixton Road in London that I went to a few times when I lived a couple of hundred yards down the road. You go in, order your dishes, then you are served all of them on big platter of injera (a pancake/bread thing) with more rolled up injera in a bowl to the side. You get stuck in, eat it, and then the best bit. You finish the injera off the platter, which has all the sauce seeped into it. You need a good wash from the elbows down at least, and your mouth is on fire from the cayenne pepper, but what an eating experience!

Kryton57

cloudnine – Member
    At least it will take your mind off the bike you should have bought

I bought a bike, last night.

As for the Chicken Katmandu, meh….

thegreatape
    Free Member

Then get on it first thing in the morning and set some propulsion assisted Strava records. Or squirt corrosive shit on your new bike, it’s probably 50/50.

Kryton57

Trust me, the Katmamdu wouldnt result in propelling a goldfish across a gravy boat.

cloudnine
    Free Member

bought a bike, last night.

Yay! The indecision was painful.

Kryton57

It was. It may not be the bike you’re expecting though… 🙄

mrblobby
    Free Member

Am intrigued. Not the anthem? What did you get? Fat bike? 29er HT? A downhill bike?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Come on Kryton, you’ve teased us with no end of new bike foreplay, let’s have the climax of the bike purchase 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eh?

You’ve bought a different bike than that Giant thingumybob?

Dear God.

You are a funny chap 😆

I can imagine going out for a beer with you is a never ending navel contemplating confusion fest 😕

Kryton57

mrblobby – Member
    Come on Kryton, you’ve teased us with no end of new bike foreplay, let’s have the climax of the bike purchase

Its probably a bit of an anticlimax for the STW massive I’d suspect.

I can imagine going out for a beer with you is a never ending navel contemplating confusion fest

I am not slow at selecting s beer, that’s for sure…

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

Mebbies it’s more a commitment issue with you then 😆

Sure it’ll be fine for whatever you want to ride it on.

I’d like to know what you chose though..

Kryton57

Well, I decided that by itself the Athem SX wasn’t much of an upgrade over the Yeti, especially seeing at the latter is of premium build components, and considering the cost differential between selling the Yeti right now and buying the Anthem.

But I wanted the performance premium of 29er wheels in a short travel FS format for endurance races. So I bought one of these Friday night:

I figure it’ll do hansombly in 2015 for its intended purpose, has upgrade potential and isnt too much – considering the sale price at Pauls – of a loss should I consolidate this time next year, or later / when the market has stabilised a bit and perhaps a clear direction in terms of wheel size is realised. I can’t justify a 3k whyte m109 cs at my level and even if I did it’s only 1/2 lighter than that anthem. 🙂

As for the yeti, it’ll remain my go to everyday fun machine in the woods remaining at 27lb without upgrades. I’ll still use the Enigma for short (60-90min) races and winter/backup duties, or when I feel like riding it. It is a blast on summer singletrack.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Excellent, that’ll bouncy quite nicely that.

8)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Suspect your other bikes will be seeing a lot less action 🙂

Kryton57

mrblobby, I’m not too concerned about that. If for example the Yeti became unused, It’ll be becuase my experience has allowed me to make that decision, and I’d sell it to fund upgrades to the Anthem or consolidation into the bike of my choice.

I’d expect then to be looking at 2016 with an exact idea of what the contents of my mancave should look like.

My biggest fear in this process was sellng the Yeti and regretting it TBH.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Phall 2’ is closed to new replies.