Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Peugeot expert jammed clutch
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

1st gen Peugeot expert 1.9hdi. Clutch jammed fully up like something has gone over centre. Any ideas as I’m double busy today and need my wheels!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Simple things first like carpet stuck. Then look to see if it is a cable. Clutch. If it is try locating the end o. The geaR box and spraying lube up the cable in the hope of free it off. Do the same as pedal end.

You can also try disconnecting the. Clutch cable at the gear box to see if it is an internal gearbox jam. Otherwise it’s a replacement cable. Should be able to get one in 24h.

If it is hydraulic you are into checking lines and. Cylinder actuation. This may take A little more fiddling

leffeboy

Had something similar in my 307 but only happened in the cold. I found that hooking my foot behind it and pulling it back fixed it.

Garage said that clutch is worn and needs replacing and want 1800EUR for it so I suspect it’s time to replace the car

trail_rat
    Free Member

release bearing been whining ?

they often wear through the clutch fingers and cause this.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Its hydraulic. Clutch is jammed in the fully up position. There is a small amount of movement in the master cylinder, so I’m guessing its at the slave end.

Release bearing felt ok. No whining, but some juddering as though the friction material was on its way. Only guess is friction material got so low that something something has come out too far and jammed.

Got it home on the starter and going up through the gears. This is inconvenient.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot expert jammed clutch’ is closed to new replies.