Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • peugeot electric joy.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

i know there are a couple of pug/citroen mechs on here so here goes.

my vans been throwing a brake fault after i go over bumps. – its the same warning light for low pads and general brake faults.

Its done it for a some time intermittantly its been doing it more and more recently – ive checkde the brake system over for pad material & leaks and such and theres nowt showing and the fluid is at the correct level.

still it does it. – ive checked the pad sensor wiring at the sensor end and it all looks good

I guess i need to be checking it all the way back to the ECU – is there anywhere these things are common to rub through the insulation ? or is this a known fault at all ? google doesnt really throw up much.

sambob
    Free Member

Put a sticker over it? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

it beeps like mad as well – just incase the driver was blind.

bit disconcerting when i have passengers and it goes off as a big red flashing STOP light goes bananas as well as the brake symbol.

almost as good as the speedo in the frontera – it just sweeps the speedo left and right from 0-60 regardless of speed thanks to a dodgy solder joint

i just use the rev counter 😀

jonahtonto
    Free Member

are you missing a baffle thing in the brake reservoir? the fact it happens after bumps makes me think its coming on for ‘low brake fluid’ when the fluid is sloshing about. im not a mechanic mind.

trail_rat
    Free Member

there is definantly the correct ammount of fluid in there

it was my first though – ive had it before on the landy but the sensor for the fluid level was in the cap and prone to dying. easy swap of the cap.

Cant find the sensor in the peugeot – its certainly not on the cap.

trail_rat
    Free Member

also its throwing up no faults even when the stop lights on – ive had the code reader on it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘peugeot electric joy.’ is closed to new replies.