Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Peugeot 307 key fob battery – what replacement?
  • drain

As in the title – the battery on the remote plip is dead, and conflicting numbers on various websites as to which is the correct battery has confuddled me to the point where I am turning to the collective wisdom of the Singletrack massive for inspiration 💡

The most commonly referred one is a CR2016 but having opened up the case (it's a flip, 2 button type of key, btw) the battery looks waaay smaller than a 2016. No markings on the existing one doesn't help either 😕

Appreciate any advice from those who understand cars / have successfully resolved similar experiences!

MrNutt
    Free Member

not a clue, here's a picture of a 60m long hotdog instead.

does that help?

drain

No, but it has given me a baaad case of the munchies! 🙄

<trundles off to the 'fridge>

MrNutt
    Free Member

you'll never eat them again once you realize that they are nothing but MRM, 60m or not.

zaskar
    Free Member

Call pug dealer in morning and ask the parts or service team!

drain

I'll give that a go zaskar, but the general response seems to be that they try to flog you a £95 key…

Worth a go though.

zaskar
    Free Member

Just ask parts staff to find out if the service guys try that.

Unless you feffo know the correct code of the battery that belongs in there! (Assuming the old was one was the correct one.)

There might be variations of key fobs too so havig your chassis or reg handy will help them find out which one was issued and the correct battery(s) and how many fit/needed for the fob.

Then go to Maplins etc and find a cheap replacement instead of £4 at Halfrauds.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150338834789&viewitem=

Once you change out the battery, you may have to reprogram the remote.

307 PLIP PROGRAMMING

1. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using the first key.

2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds.

3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.

4. Check the Plip key operation.

5. Repeat for second Plip key if required.

6. Turn the ignition OFF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot 307 key fob battery – what replacement?’ is closed to new replies.