Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • petrol lawnmowers
  • dobo
    Free Member

need a new lawnmower and was considering the tesco power force petrol lawnmower for £100, seems like a bargin but are there any other options worth considering?
    clearly im looking for lower end budget as the gardens arent huge but not keen on draging electric cables around.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

B&Q do one for the same price (lower if on offer) I have one and it’s great, gets good reviews too.

squiff
    Free Member

I have a mountfield petrol lawnmover and It’s been a great buy (£200).

I know there customer service has been good as my dad has a sit on lawnmower and when something went wrong with it they were straight out to fix, but I think it depends on what insurance you have.

Dont buy cheap like a Tesco’s one, it will only break

Hohum
    Free Member

A lot of the blokes around on my estate have petrol lawnmowers and small gardens and I can’t understand the need for them really 😕

I reckon a lot of it comes down to willy-waving and having this desire to have a throbbing piece of machinery between your legs whilst cutting the grass…

Each to their own I guess 😉

superfli
    Free Member

Doesnt matter on the size of the garden, petrol saves getting the cable out for the electric lawnmower, and winding it up to put away – it really saves lots of hassle. I still have an elecy strimmer, and would use (+should use) it far more often if it were petrol. Far quicker job.

Mines a B+Q special, has been faultless for 3 years (cost £100). Its got a mountfield engine.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

willy waving whilst cutting the grass sounds blummin dangerous!!

I am going to get one for next year on the basis that it will cut the grass even when a bit wet instead of clogging every 5 seconds with a flymo- how reliable are the modern ones- I inherited one 10 years ago and it took me longer to get the thing going than it did to cut the grass!

spacemonkey

Petrol mowers IMO tend to be quite heavy beasts, and as a result they can churn up bumpy patches especially in wet conditions. Not such an issue if your lawn if comparatively flat. Hence my preference is to stick with a Bosch Rotak – very light and agile plus the side blades trim anything sticking out from borders, fences and walls etc.

squiff
    Free Member

I have a big garden, hense the petrol lawnmover and I have a petrol strimmer too, makes cutting the grass a breeze, elecy mowers just dont have the power of a petrol

geoffj

Get a man in – it’s the only way.

Hohum
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    Get a man in – it’s the only way.

lol!

That’s what the bloke across the road has done.

Mind you, he’s a bit of a fanny really and weighs about 20 stone and cutting the grass himself would help him lose a bit of weight, but as my old man says “well, there you go!”

geoffj

Seriously, I pay £10 every 2 weeks during the summer. By the time I’ve bought, maintained, fueled and stored a lawn mower I reckon it’s worth every penny. More time to ride my bike innit!

Hohum
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    Seriously, I pay £10 every 2 weeks during the summer. By the time I’ve bought, maintained, fueled and stored a lawn mower I reckon it’s worth every penny. More time to ride my bike innit!

Fair enough mate.

Everyone has different priorities and things they want to do with their time and I don’t actually mind spending the time cutting my lawn and getting it looking the way I want it to 🙂

geoffj

It’s just one of the jobs I hate with a passion. I’ll happily cut, split and stack logs all day, but cutting the grass just bores the tits off me.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Mowing the lawns is one one of life’s pleasurable ‘chores’, like washing the car. And yes I have a petrol mower, because you can mow in any weather and cut any length grass.

P20

I had one of the selfpropelled B&Q petrol jobs, it was on offer with the petrol strimmer. The lawnmower was good. The strimmer was trickier to start, but damn effective. My mate has them at the moment as we moved and don’t have a garden

triop
    Free Member

What ever you get make sure it has a honda engine, you would not believe how much you can cut with a thimble full of petrol!

Clobber
    Free Member

Honda… End of thread

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘petrol lawnmowers’ is closed to new replies.