Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • petesgaff/bullheart, how are you?
  • nickhart
    Free Member

just wondering how you’re doing having not seen much on here recently. hope you’re ok.

bullheart
    Free Member

I’m not too back Nick; and you?

Been busy at work, and felt the original ‘Petesgaff’ thread might be getting on peoples’ tits, so have kept a slightly lower profile.

Racing at Mayhem though, and SSUK this year.

Saw my oncologist last week. She said that we’d have to be vigilant as pretty much all folk die within two years. I was diagnosed in August 2009, so I’ll have to make sure I’m careful in the next two months and not let the races interfere with my imminent demise.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I think you’d be surprised Bullheart, I don’t think there would be one person on here who said that thread “got on their tits”. you are an inspiration.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bullheart – don’t die before MM. I only signed to do the damn thing because of your inspirational PetesGaff thread

bullheart
    Free Member

I think that the whole ‘incurable cancer’ thing can reach a saturation point to be honest. People want to hear happy things, not doom and gloom. I figure the best way to do that is just to focus on winning the battle. The team that look after me just don’t know how to react to my charm, wit and good looks belligerent arsehole mentality, and has long since stopped chastising me for my approach to survival, letting me get on with it.

I just don’t want to give up. But I don’t want to force it down peoples throats either. And when I last got banned from here, I had a fairly negative response from someone relating to support and issues related to it, and I’m still mulling that one over to this point. 😐

bullheart
    Free Member

WCA – I will aim not to. I think its fairly unlikely 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will try the same then 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

Dude; you’re shit-loads more likely to kill yourself than I am!!!

theotherjonv

Petesgaff has only one thing to worry about.

For WCA with his record, simply getting up in the morning has to be the start of a number of near death experiences.

bullheart
    Free Member

😀

EDIT: Though my garden’s looking fairly shabby at the moment, so two things really… 🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I can understand your thoughts and sentiments! Anyway bring on the season of ace biking events, now let’s just hope that they have sunshien! Anyone doing bristol bike Fest! I’ve stupidly agreed to do it as a pair, oh I feel a bit sick when I write that!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bully; want a hand sorting it out? I’m not bad with a spot of gardening, me.

What do you mean it’s ‘a thinly veiled plot to come and rummage around your spare bike bits box’??

How could you think such an awful thing of me? 😥

bullheart
    Free Member

Room of spare bike bits more like…

Mrs BH is having a cow about the state of things at the mo. The basement looks like that old Polish fella’s house on ‘A Life Of Grime’…

😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mr Trebus?

Poor old feller. 🙁

Life needs it’s eccentrics like him though. How boring things would be if we din’t have yer Trebuses and the like, eh?

bullheart
    Free Member

That’s the fella!

roper
    Free Member

bullheart!!
    I’ve an email I would like to send you, where is the best place to send it?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Beware his email inbox is an electronic version of what you can see in that picture…

Bunnyhop

Been busy at work, and felt the original ‘Petesgaff’ thread might be getting on peoples’ tits, so have kept a slightly lower profile.

No way.

If you were a miserable g*t then surely that would indeed be the case. However you are witty, articulate and contribute greatly to this forum, so there (pulls out tongue).

Hope it all goes well for the team at MM.

bullheart
    Free Member

Roper – thebullheart@gmail.com

BigJohn

Can I have your Mayhem entry if you don’t make it? 8)

P.S. You’re an inspiration.

bullheart
    Free Member

Callous and twisted.

I like the cut of your jib, BigJohn… 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You reminding people that you’re still here makes said people happy. You could post a picture of your messy garden with a bike in it, if you like 😀

nickhart
    Free Member

life is good cheers for asking. back at work now almost full timetable, almost.
    been back on the bike which was hard work but brilliant. all the things i thought may never happen are happening and everything seems to be dropping back into place. life’s f*cking brilliant really!
    aiming to do an enduro event next year, nowt better than having goals. an i have a stupid idea about me, bob graham and some hills for my 42 year, two years to train……
    glad to hear you’re still around and still living life to the full, just reading born to run (barefoot running content) and it’s making me smile thinking about some of the stuff the body can do when pushed. as you and i know it’s way more capable than some think.
    cheers dears.
    nick

Diane
    Free Member

Lovely thread 🙂

nickf
    Free Member

Oi, if I have to come and slog my way round the undoubted mudfest of Mayhem 2011 when I could be out in the Alps instead, you better not peg it!

bullheart
    Free Member

Ah Nick, such a pessimist…

nickf
    Free Member

Nah, just being realistic, and doing a rain dance in the hopes that the Gods Of Cycling will laugh at me and send sunshine instead.

I’m looking forward to it, regardless of the weather. A whole weekend to sit around (occasionally on the bike, mostly in a tent) and chat to people you’ve not seen for ages (or, indeed, ever). Can’t really beat that.

bullheart
    Free Member

It’ll be ace. I’ve packed my bikini and lotion. You can do my back if you wish.

nickf
    Free Member

Oooh, you tease.

I’ve got my Barbour and wellies. Nothing better than the smell of waxed cotton in the morning…….

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘petesgaff/bullheart, how are you?’ is closed to new replies.