Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Peterborough Christmas Beery Bikes
  • timdavies

Meeting Monday night at the Granary at 6pm.
    5 pubs, west of Peterborough, 20ish miles, riding regardless of weather

All welcome

Aiming to be at Papermills in Wansford around 8:15

sofaking
    Free Member

bugger i’m on lates this week or might have popped over

boblo
    Free Member

Is that a road ride? If not, what’s your route (please). Unfortunately, another living locally (though not a Local! 🙂 )

Jamie
    Free Member

As boblo…..

timdavies

Off road (mostly) Ferry meadows tracks to castor bridge, royal oak at castor, sutton track and nene way to wansford papermills, Sulehay forest and the rutted track to apethorpe road, black horse at nassington, then road to crown at elton and the gated road back to boro.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Sounds good will try & make it.

timdavies

Metcheck says bring some warm gloves, minus seven forecast!

Jamie
    Free Member

Just got in from tooling around Sulehay. It’s nice and crispy.

timdavies

Was out that way this morning, crisp and frozen camelbak

allthegear
    Free Member

ah – if it was later in the week…

Rachel

stumpy01

erm – ‘scuse my ignorance. Do you all ride to The Granary or stick the bikes in the car & leave the car at the Granary Car Park?

I’d be up for a bit of a ride around at some point – but not sure I wanna ride from Deeping to Ferry Meadows, then do another 20 miles on top & then cycle back to Deeping…..
    Could probably do it in warmer weather though!

Won’t be able to make this evening anyway, unfortunately as I will still be driving home from work at 6pm.
    Definitely be up for riding another time though…..

sofaking
    Free Member

living in Stamford. i would be up for an ride/ beer over xmas sometime if people are about

timdavies

Some drop cars off at Granary or mine (pretty close) but most ride in.

Clobber
    Free Member

I would be up for this but am in Wales tonight, keep posting your rides please and I will try to tag along…

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Tim,

Happy Christmas! Is there reasonable riding to be had from the Granary then? I have often got meetings at Thorpe Wood round the corner – could be a good way to get a ride in the evening from there.

timdavies

You can pull together reasonable routes starting from there, but it’s really just a fairly central place to meet up. You can defintely pull together a relatively interesting xc route from Thorpe wood, there isn’t a huge amount of singletrack, but enough to make it entertaining.

timdavies

And it’s only just clicked. Hi Matt, Happy Christmas. What on earth brings you down here for meetings?

timdavies

In summary: Frozen, Cold, Icy, but good riding and great pub fires.

Hope to see you next time.

Jamie
    Free Member

timdavies:
    In summary: Frozen, Cold, Icy, but good riding and great pub fires.

Hope to see you next time.

Sorry missed out this time Tim, had the chance to go out during the day so did a 40miler from ‘boro down to Wakerly….it was chilly.

VassagoJay
    Free Member

Count me in for next time 🙂 over in Hampton Hargate so not to far away. hardly ridden at all in 2010 due to one thing or another so could really do with getting out a hell of a lot more in 2011.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Peterborough Christmas Beery Bikes’ is closed to new replies.