Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Peterborough area things to do.
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

I knew I wasn’t coming to a cycling hotspot but I got a years work here. I’m fed up of cycling already as it’s not the peak district which i’m used to. I don’t want to get unfit and unhealthy so any ideas?

I’m keen for squash, badminton or some watersports.

willard

Well, there’s rowing on the lakes up there and kayaking on some of the rivers, but it’s all flat stuff. You could head south for wakeboarding at Hannam’s or Box End, or go west to Willen for WakeMK.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go and look in to Jamie’s windows.

colournoise

Yeah, watersports at Ferry Meadows and the rowing lake. Some decent road riding out to the west into Northants. Not sure about squash etc. but facilities at Bushfield Leisure Centre (where they do have a couple of badminton clubs).

ampthill

Drive to Chicksands or Woburn for a bike ride

Pay for water sport membership at Rutland water. I think its about £500 a year for unlimited sailing dinghy or sit on kayak hire

stumpy01

Might be worth joining the Vivacity gym thing. I paid £39 membership and that gave you access to all the Peterborough gyms, classes and pools, plus discount on squash/badminton.

As above, there’s water sports at Ferry Meadows, Rutland Water, Grafham water, Tallington Lakes (dry ski slope there too).
    There’s mountain biking at Thetford and the D2D is coming up there in October with the monthly winter series following in November (2 or 4 hr races with a good atmosphere)

If you ride on the road, my mate does a weekly ride from his business in Sawtry, a short drive down the A1. Look up SDJ Cycles on Facebook and drop them a message.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Peterborough area things to do.’ is closed to new replies.