Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • pet dog from hell – wifes dog …
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

We have had this dog 12 yrs, its a yorkie X and its my wifes lap dog,
    It drives me crazy, the dog thinks it owns the house, If I mistakenly converse with my wife it barks constantly over the conversation, my wife gets 5 minutes exactly to eat her meals or its starts barking at her, and god forbid if anyone should ring our doorbell.
    I often get into a lot of grief if I shout it down when its barking cos wifey can see no wrong when it comes to her lapdog.
    Does anyone else experience this with dogs or is it my bad luck ?

Inzane
    Free Member

You first need to train your wife… then you will be able to train the dog…

Stoner
    Free Member

grow a pair?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Have you seen ‘There’s something about Mary’?…….

😈

redthunder
    Free Member

**** em’ both.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

OH, and I forgot, it moans at my Mrs if I don’t give it a good night Kiss !!!!
    Plus it throws its biscuits around for 1/2 hr so it thinks its killed them before eating ..

CountZero

Arrrggg, nasty, yappy, little rats. Sorry, but there’s no way I would tolerate a pet exerting that kind of influence over my household.

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

LMAO, mate tonight put the dog in your bed & you sleep in its basket, or tell your wife its “make your mind up time” make her sleep in the basket with the dog for a night to give her time to think….. or just send it to the country to “live on a farm” ………
    Or grease up & wrestle the dog to decide who the man of the house is?

Should say I hate (nearly all) dogs though.

redthunder
    Free Member

Do you think you could take a lamb in a fight 😉

roundwheels
    Free Member

the dog owns you mate 😆
    sit boy sit

you have to show it whos the boss in the house

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

You need the dog whisperer.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I often say ‘wont be long’ when my Mrs mentions the dogs age 😈

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Choke the dog to within an inch of it’s life then let it go.

It now knows who the real boss is.

I’m kidding – I don’t condone animal cruelty in anyway.

Inzane
    Free Member

sedatives in the doggy food…

woof woooof ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Are you sure you got the words in the title in the right order?? 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

This is the lapdog / beast

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwww

he soooooo cute!

carbon337
    Free Member

Go out and get a proper mans dog it will soon have that mutt under control.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I like to go to bed early and read, if I get out of bed to go to the bathroom the crazy mutt goes bonkers, its like being told off for getting up like kids do…
    I would go ape but the dog barks even more and growl periodically at the mrs for ages so it just is not worth the hassle…

zaskar
    Free Member

MTFU?

You’re not the pack leader, she controls you and the dog controls her.

12 yrs of this $hit and you complain now?

hora
    Free Member

OP, where do you live? You need to dominate the dog, DONT hit it. Take it for long walks etc. GF had a Yorkie like this, in the end it used to walk off the lead next to my feet. It was frustrated and not walked at all, just let out into the garden before I started going out with her- it was a ball of fury.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

zaskar:

Sound like it, but other than the dog I have the perfect family… its just a matter of time … I keep telling myself ….. its just a matter of time …… I keep telling myself … blah blah blah

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Hello Hora,

This dog is walked every morning , day & night – we live close to Cannock Chase where we take it in the nice evenings / weekend days etc… The bloody thing is worse if it has not had a walk…. PLUS, I would never hit an animal… its just this one is strange to say the least…

zaskar
    Free Member

Choke chain and ear plugs!

nickc

A swift kick to it’s nuts should be enough to remind it who’s boss, I’d have thought.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Its funny, but this dog is like a mouse when I am home and my wife is out, you dont know we have a dog…. honestly.
    But as soon as the Mrs comes in… back to the top of the topic and read down again….

carbon337
    Free Member

does she pick it up and give it cuddles/attention when she comes into the house, especially before she greets you? The dog thinks its the pack leader, get yurself watchin Cesar Milan – he will give you advice. Get you wife to stop treating it like a baby – its not its a dog.

jimmy

Think pack dynamics and show it who’s boss.

…And then set about shutting the dog up.

owned by a Yorkie 😀

wellhung
    Free Member

Take for a long walk over the Chase then tie it to a tree leave to die job done. Lots of missing dog posters over the Chase obviously you’re not the only one with canine problems.

zaskar
    Free Member

Yep its not lack of exercise it’s the behaviour pattern it has.

I would train the dog asap regardless of age or wife moaning.

Or train the dog while wife is away.

But if the dog is fine with you when wife is away then you’re going to have to train the dog regardless of your wife and in a non angry way.

Positive and firm. Your dog will smell fear and see your body language if it isn’t blind from old age.

Mate you’re dog is an indication life is too short not to be happy in your home FFS.

Take control in a happy positive way. Use the leash or even record the behaviour and show it to your wife then show a video of how normal dog behaves. Actually no; your wife isn’t the victim or on your side.

Not the dogs faults only the owners fault most of the time.

Who da Man? who da man?

Ya dam straight!

Go get him boy!

And your wife should be talking to you -while you are listening! If she’s not talking to you she’ll talk to a dog or another guy…

-Women do that you idiot!

OMFG!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The dog always greets the Mrs when she arrives home …. I think basically it wants to protect her, wife does not pick dog up and cuddle it, she talks to it a lot tho’ especially when she does house work and it follows her about, or she is brushing / feeding it etc..
    I just let them get on with it most of the time – until – back to top of topic..

Filthy
    Free Member

Kill it Cook it Eat it…

serve to wife with a nice Chianti

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

zaskar;

The dog is very well behaved generally – it loves playing with my Granddaughter and it is as gentle as a lamb, I have trained it, I think its just a very jealous dog and does not like having to share my Wifes attention..
    As a blokey bloke – no nancys go MTB do they ? – I find it irritating and usually say so but I have learned to keep it in and say nowt…

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

no nancys go MTB do they

I DO!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Hello Hora,

😳

XX

duckers
    Free Member

Rape its ass with your foot and show it whos boss. It will respect you.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Get a water pistol and squirt it, every time it’s being a pain. Dogs hate that. In time, it will come to learn, that if you pick up the water pistol, it will get squirted, so it will behave.

Or just shout louder than it.

grahamt1980

A mate’s wife had a similar issue with one of their dogs, it growled at her one day so she got it with a tray, been great ever since.
    MTFU its only a bloody westie

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I simply couldnt use violence against it, It 10″ tall and 2 ft long and weighs a lot less than me… and as stated – its a very gentle dog – not snappy but yappy…. but only when the Mrs is in ….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘pet dog from hell – wifes dog …’ is closed to new replies.