Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Pesky cyclists upsetting the good folk of Derbyshire
  • nedrapier

I wouldn’t recommend commenting, you’ll just get ignored or end up in arguments with idiots who’ve never even sat on a bike.

Should be a sticky on here! 😀

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

GrahamS
    That’s now been retweeted by yours truly.

GrahamS

You still playing Junkyard?

Over 100 posts now 😀

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I have never worn a cycle helmet. They are stupid. They are only good if you make impact with a small area, such as a stone, rock, or kerb. They are insubstantial and do not offer any significant protection to full head impact by a car or impact to the ground at speed or height. Besides, not all car collisions result in brain injury and brain injury is not always the cause of death. If your torso gets crushed, a helmet will not help you.

I call cyclists that wear helmets ‘helmets’.

In Australia when they made helmets compulsory there was a drop in brain injuries. However, the compulsory requirement to wear a helmet had caused less people to cycle and this was found to correlate with the drop in brain injuries.

A recent study found that motorists were more inclined to drive closer when you wore a hemlet, unless you were female.

UK mentality on the roads is that cyclists are the enemy. I gave up cycling on the roads ages ago. Not worth the risk. British people are too impatient and hostile.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ohhhh ffs how did this turn into a helmet debate. Oh and you must see a lot of helmets mr helmet hater!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Please do not feed the troll.

GrahamS

I have never worn a cycle helmet. They are stupid. They are only good if you make impact with a small area, such as a stone, rock, or kerb.

Bloke in a local cycling club was killed when he came off his bike and cracked his head open on the kerb. No other vehicles involved. Not racing or doing anything daft. He apparently just caught his inside pedal on the kerb, went over the bars, hit his head and died. 🙁

The safety benefits of bike helmets are overstated. They make faff all difference if you are hit by a car at speed.

I commute without one (mainly off road on quiet paths) but I don’t judge folk that wear them – it’s their call.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Another study found cyclists have an inflated sense of protection when they wear a hemlet, thus were more inclined perhaps to riskier manouvers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You still playing Junkyard?

lurking but you are right justice is tenacious 😉
    will post if anything interesting gets put on but it seems to have calmed really as it is a poor article.

GrahamS

it seems to have calmed

@junkyardSTW – you talk rubbish – and too much if it. 😀

Imagine insulting the disabled – is there no end to your depravity? 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Britain hates cycling.

It’s amazing that this level of hatred get regularly dished out by the press.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Step away from the internet Graham 😉

PS Can you do internet poster forum transfers 😯

GrahamS

Who are you thinking we should trade?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would rather not declare my kill file list for fear of encouraging them 😉

GrahamS

I’m assuming you disabled it to read my comment? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

OH no you are no where near and it is a very small list

GrahamS
    crazy-legs

Shouldn’t be too surprised really – it’s exactly what local rags do to get their websites visited more and justify some “journalist’s” salary. The local free rag when I lived in Lancaster was exactly the same, it had a “Mr Angry” column where some fat git would write a rant. It usually stayed within the safe boundaries of about 5 topics, an anti-cyclist one being one of his favourite.

iain1775
    Free Member

That ‘justice’ bloke needs a good slap
    How can one person be so argumentative and disagreeable…….
    Makes me ashamed to live in Derby

GrahamS

Making fun of the disabled iain? shocking 😀

I particularly liked that he threw a complete wobbler on the other thread and threatened legal action because his posts got moderated. Mental case.

His “terminal heart failure” seems to come and go a bit too, given that he claimed he literally can’t walk more than two steps without dropping down dead, but talked about taking a stroll around the hospital grounds on a different thread.

As I said to him, if I was “an incredibly rich and successful businessman with a terminal disease”, then I like to think I’d spend my remaining precious time doing something a bit more constructive than bickering on local newspaper forums.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yeah you would at least bicker on here instead 😉
    Loving his latest claims of speial ip tracking troll ousting software!
    Thing is that’s my local news forum, I’ve been reading it for about 4 or 5 years in that time that same guy has had at least 6 different names each time it is obvious from his posts that it is same person, he just drives everyone mad and gets banned then comes back
    This one though he is really loosing it
    It’s quite amusing!

richmtb

I had a good giggle at the comments page on this article.

Thing is that’s my local news forum, I’ve been reading it for about 4 or 5 years in that time that same guy has had at least 6 different names each time it is obvious from his posts that it is same person, he just drives everyone mad and gets banned then comes back

Remind you of anywhere else?

GrahamS

He’s far worse than anyone on here – even the BigsHitters™

iain1775
    Free Member

Looks like he has been banned again, no comments from him today, makes it a bit boring actually
    Graham I reckon it’s time for you to quit now too, it’s pointless, how many times can you state the same VED and insurance comments, I’d let it die a natural death now if I was you, these people will never take anything you say in and there will be a similar article next month

GrahamS

You may have a point Iain.
    But it’s so hard to let the ignorance go unchallenged. 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Pesky cyclists upsetting the good folk of Derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.