Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Perth WA. What is it like?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Unfortunatly I don’t think the cost of living is an issue, he’s got a job on the equivalent of £80k Sterling.

Heh…that’s what he thinks now.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Schools great in my area – I’ve heard that the govt. primary schools are very good but the higher schools aren’t so hot – hence the popularity of private schools for older kids.

I reckon he’s gonna need more money than that though if he’s got kids and has ambitions of sending them to a private school. For starters he’s going to need at least $600 a week if he wants to rent a house reasonably close to the city that’s been refurbished after 1972!

Tell him to do his cost of living calcs very carefully…

longmover
    Free Member

$10 for a pint and around $50 for a slab of reasonable beer, and don’t even get me started on the price of bananas!

zokes
    Free Member

don’t even get me started on the price of bananas!

$3 / kg here in Adelaide – one of teh few things that’s relatively cheap!

konabunny
    Free Member

Schools great in my area – I’ve heard that the govt. primary schools are very good but the higher schools aren’t so hot – hence the popularity of private schools for older kids

Dont know what it’s like in WA but in nsw it’s not the system that matters but the individual school and head teacher. Private no guarantee of quality.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Perth WA. What is it like?’ is closed to new replies.