Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Personal Trainers – how to recruit a good one?
  • BigJohn

A client of mine is a brilliant personal trainer in a town near me. He’s really really good – has a clientele that will pay £50 plus for an hour 1 to 1 with him and he’s got a really well equipped gym (lots of good kit, but no cafe or pool). He can motivate people and has a great success rate of getting them to achieve their goals, whether it be to run a marathon or lose 4st and keep it off. (No, I don’t go to him, thanks for asking).

He is desperate to expand, and in order to do that he’s got to be able to find another trainer that he can develop into somebody like him. And then another, and another… Trouble is, everybody he takes on seems unable to inspire the clients like he does, so the clients do their 10 sessions (paid in advance) but don’t renew, unlike my man’s who keep coming back for more, and get upset because he hasn’t got enough hours in the day to give them 2 or 3 slots a week.

For the right trainer, this would be a golden opportunity, because the plan is to open up a small chain of centres before he gets into Mediterranean fitness holidays, public workshops (think Paul McKenna’s stop smoking programmes etc.) and writing books etc. He’s not worried about somebody developing his own clientelle then buggering off and starting their own gym – because the opportunity here is better.

So how do you find the right calibre of trainer for a place like this. Do I just try and poach the best people from Esporta or is there a fitness trainers equivalent of STW tha I could get him to start posting on?

iDave
    Free Member

have him email me john, i know the answer to this………

BigJohn

Thought you might. Do you want to tell me first?

iDave
    Free Member

Yeah, will email you when I’m in a better mood…..

BigJohn

Now what have I done to upset you? I haven’t even told him about the iJohn diet yet.

BigJohn

Any other fitness trainers on the site today?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Personal Trainers – how to recruit a good one?’ is closed to new replies.