Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Personal suggestions – Chamonix, Grindelwald, Dolomites
  • NZCol

Lucky me is heading off for 6 weeks in and around these 3 areas with my bike. I'm planning on doing a fair bit of riding and we'll be based in each spot for about at least a week. I've got lots of maps and stuff from t'internet but wondered if anyone with actual real life experience could point me in the direction of interesting/fun stuff so I don't waste too much time. I'm a XC mincer happy riding up and down most stuff but anything overtly DH is not really my bag (esp not on the Tallboy !) – mainly good long, exciting XC stuff. I'm more than happy doing 5-10hr rides.
    We've got a week at BV as well which I'm looking forward to. My wife likes similar sort of stuff but not as fit following a bad virus.

Any recommendations greatfully received 😆

freeridenick
    Free Member

29er in chamonix – 😯 good luck….

NZCol

Its that or the Ti hardtail – 29er and I need to put some miles in so thats my choice. I'm sure i'll find somewhere to ride it, your pictures looked nice and I;'d happily ride that. In lycra. 😉

freeridenick
    Free Member

8) 😀

the lower valley trails should be good on a 29er. get the Tom Wilson North guidebook. Petit Balcon north and south, also the run down to Trient from le Tour.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Personal suggestions – Chamonix, Grindelwald, Dolomites’ is closed to new replies.