Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Personal Banking, total shut down?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Has anyone else had this?
    For no reason my manager has shut down all my banking facilities, card, internet the lot.
    No email, no call no warning whatsoever.
    Spoke to Lloyds at midday, they put an urgent call ot for my manager, but I’ve had no reply.
    Just called again as it’s not been reactivated, no manager available and still no reason given.
    Accounts in credit as well.
    As I don’t own a credit card all I have for the weekend is the cash in my pocket.
    By Sunday night I might be nicking Tobys Pedigree Chum.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Time for a ‘What bank?’ thread me thinks.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d be making a nuisance of myself right now – get calling any number you can find

donsimon
    Free Member

UBS?
    Is there anything hanging over from the business or the court case?

oldgit
    Free Member

Lloyds

No, regardless of the issues I’ve had all my tax VAT PAYE etc has been paid. All personal stuff sorted. And there’s £5016.38 in there right now (all allocated so not for shiny stuff)

Raindog
    Free Member

Well I’d be at my local branch first thing in the morning with some ID and a stern expression if it was me…

donsimon
    Free Member

Get down there and kick arses…

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m actually very very calm, but come monday all hell will break loose.

Got a 7am text showing it in credit. And at about 10am I deposited another £690 in there. Went back after the earlier call to cash a cheque and that wouldn’t go through.
    So I can look at my money, but I can’t have it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Get down there and kick arses…

All the ladies are nice matronly types I’ve known for years. It’s my new manager I’m after.
    Little pasty man. Looks like his jacket still has the hanger in it. Wrings his hands when talking to you.

oldgit
    Free Member

And my car got a puncture. 😈 frickin space savers.

aP
    Free Member

Ah. So you won’t be at Hog Hill for the London League race on Sunday then?
    Err mm…. I’d have not been as calm as you, is there nothing you can do to escalate this?

higthepig
    Free Member

oldgit,

Please don’t buy a lottery ticket, with your recent track record of luck, it will be a wasted quid. I think you should go in tomorrow and get them to sort it out pronto, you don’t know if you may need emergency cash during the weekend. Have you broken a mirror recently?

Stuey01
    Free Member

I’d be on to telephone banking, they are open 24hrs. It’s probably been locked down by the fraud department due to unusual activity, maybe real but false alarms do happen. The branch manager has very little actual power these days, he’s probably got nothing to do with it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Nah.
    First one of the season for you?

br
    Free Member

makes note, if offered a lift by oldgit, turn it down…

crikey
    Free Member

Oldgit, you are like a small black hole, gradually attracting bad luck!

I had 5 punctures in three days last week, and I thought of you…

oldgit
    Free Member

Haaaa

My manager is a business manager i.e never available, and doesn’t work from a base.

Next is when I get my first salary in 12 years at the end of the month it’ll be zero….emergency tax-tastic.

Still mustn’t ger-rumble.

donsimon
    Free Member

Greece says thanks, oldgit. 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Bank called to say everything has been reactivated, and that my manager would call me in person………still waiting.

alfabus
    Free Member

time to start putting some of your eggs in different baskets… don’t let the same thing happen again.

Dave

aP
    Free Member

…and you missed a good race at Hog Hill as well. See you on 1 Oct at MK Bowl.

brassneck

First Direct

08456 100 100

I moved from Lloyds TSB once they started the £5 charge for using a pre approved overdraft. Service has always been decent, but this was thrown in to my account, my wifes account and our joint account without a letter for any of them.

andyl
    Free Member

I moved from Lloyds TSB once they started the £5 charge for using a pre approved overdraft. Service has always been decent, but this was thrown in to my account, my wifes account and our joint account without a letter for any of them

That pi$$es me off too.

I took out a ‘Silver’ account for the ability to use £250 OD without any charge or interest – for those days before things clear but things already go out – isn’t it funny how the mortgage can go out at 2am on a monday but things going in don’t go in until later in the day?

Now they have just upped the £7.95 a month charge to £9.95 a month as well as keeping the £5 OD use charge (which I now keep well away from).

My phone isn’t worth the £60 phone insurance excess and is PAYG (comes with silver account) and the breakdown cover is basic so I think I will save the £10 a month and get autoaid breakdown cover (which is full cover for £34 a year).

brassneck

Forgot to add – Very happy with First Direct. Joint account moving there ASAP, all my accounts are there already. Phone banking app is actually usable, and they have some of the cheapest mortgages around for current account customers, which I’ll be taking up in a few months… sorry, sounding like an advert now 🙂

Andyl – I looked at the other accounts and couldn’t find any benefits that genuinely were for me. I dare say someone gets some value from it, but most of them are items you can get cheaper elsewhere or are happy to live without. I think they screwed up royally with that charge – as more people notice I think more people will switch – I’m not aware of any other bank employing such a mechanism for agreed overdraft.

andyl
    Free Member

Lloyds have been okay in terms of customer service though – any penalty fees I have been hit with have always been repayed when I complained – when I was getting near the end of my phd stress was high and my bank account was through the floor so getting hit with just a couple of £30 charges hurt. Went in and explained this to someone and they gave me all my money back. A previous time a few years earlier I couldnt pay my mortgage by about £50 as I was owed 6 months pay. They sorted me out there and then with some extended OD facilities and cancelled any charges until I could get hold of all my back dated pay and get my account way back into the black. So on those two occasions when I needed some assistance they were great.

skaifan
    Free Member

They mistook you for colonel Gaddafi and froze your account.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Personal Banking, total shut down?’ is closed to new replies.