Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Peroneal tendinitis. Anyone else suffered and recovered from it?
  • naffrider
    Free Member

Few months back started having an issue with my left ankle and been told its peroneal tendinitis.

Never had ankle problems before, haven’t changed position or anything. It started after road ride were I had to turn myself inside out to get home before it got dark, which I failed to do!

Been trying my best to get it recovered. RICE etc but struggling to shake it for good. Doesn’t hurt day to day, can walk on it but can’t ride my bike without it being uncomfortable 🙁

Anybody had it and got over it? If so, how?

Ta in advance

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How long has it been going on? tendons take months to heal.

Sports physio for advice?

alpin
    Free Member

i had a comedy crash last winter when i flipped out of a wheelie. stuck my hand out to break the fall and smashed my wrist.

took ages to heal; 3 months till i could do things without getting a stinging sensation in my wrist. i wore a support for ages – more to stop me using the hand than to support it.

i had another fall on the weekend and could feel the jabbing sensation again.

tendons are shit.

don’t ride your bike or do anything strenuous for a good while.

naffrider
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Got a micro-tear in my achilles last spring and that took a bit of time to heal too but could feel the progress. Not feeling the progress with my ankle, which is a wee bit annoying!

Fingers crossed it’ll get better (or at least ride worthy!) soon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Peroneal tendinitis. Anyone else suffered and recovered from it?’ is closed to new replies.