Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • People who fail to deliver on their always giving 110% promise?
  • Gee-Jay
    Free Member

PS can’t stand the use of 110%, I note that its getting bigger now as well, heard somebody the other day talking of giving 150% – that’s loads better than 110% 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Lol, you’re right. And thinking about it, didn’t it start off as 101% anyway? It’s a game of one-upmanship! 150%? You waster, I give 155% at all times! 🙄

Edukator
    Free Member

I’ve often had to give 110% or more. They’ve employed and paid me for say 20h but I’ve worked 30h to get the job done. That’s giving 150% as far as I’m concerned.

I’m very thankful I’ve obviously never worked with and will never have to work with any of the contributors to this thread. Not wishing to work with someone that uses the expression “giving 110%” shows you’re either a picky pedant or dislike people with a positive attitude to work, or both.

binners

or just recognises someone who resorts readily to Sub-apprentice, Gareth Cheeseman style, Americanised Management-Bollox?

You go get ’em though Edukator. You’re a tiger. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

falkirk-mark

For the simpletons
    If you do as much as you possibly on week 1 you are giving 100% effort.

On your fourth week you have improved and are producing twice as much by doing as much as you possibly can, you are still giving 100% effort.

Cougar

For the simpletons

I’m confused. Does that mean less cake?

falkirk-mark

No on the 4th week he is making twice as much cake (do try and keep up)

Northwind

falkirk-mark – Member

On your fourth week you have improved and are producing twice as much by doing as much as you possibly can, you are still giving 100% effort.

But giving 200% of the results. As someone said up the page, why do you think effort is more important than effectiveness?

Cougar

Moreover,

How do you propose to measure it?

Cougar

And, I now have far too much cake. What am I supposed to do with it all? Time for lay-offs I think.

monkeychild
    Free Member

110% lolz!!! Kind of impossible really. Seen as a whole is 100% it’s idiotic, Brentesque management twoddle.

wwaswas

Time for lay-offs.

they’re the ones with the creamy filling aren’t they?

Northwind

monkeychild – Member

110% lolz!!! Kind of impossible really. Seen as a whole is 100% it’s idiotic, Brentesque management twoddle.

110% OF WHAT. FFS.

LHS
    Free Member

You need to bound it in comparison to another thing, in this case it would need to be a peer / other employee.

You could say, in comparison to him I give 150%.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i used know someone who would regularly give over 100% everyday, seven days a week. he used speed. then he went on holiday and he was too exhausted to get out of bed, for two weeks!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I think using 110% is a first written warning.

If they also “work hard and play hard”, then it becomes sackable.

Thats the killer phrase in internet online dating which has me reaching for the “delete” button anyway. Anyone who “plays hard” is to be avoided at all costs.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I don’t dislike people with a positive attitude to work.
    I dislike people.
    I dislike working.
    Luckily I have enough self esteem that I don’t have to define my self with my job or rely on other peoples opinons of me to be happy….. 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t even have a job.

Rorschach
    Free Member

But are you giving being unemployed 110%?

jonb
    Free Member

Effort is worthless, its what you deliver that counts. 8)

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m not unemployed either. Nor am I self-employed. I’m not even officially retired.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Oh,oh I know this one….Are you…………..Ernest Borgnine??

Edukator
    Free Member

I’d have to Google that to know who Ernest is so I can’t be him either.

Cougar

😯

Kids of today.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Him offa Airwolf.

Zoolander
    Free Member

85% of the day I give 100% of the other 15% – 50% is spent eating, 20% drinking coffee, 20% looking at singletrack, 10% picking my nose or having a poo.

stuey
    Free Member

Zoolander 7.5% eating cake seems a little ‘shy’ – do you require more work placed training?

Zoolander
    Free Member

no stuey – I wouldnt want to push my luck 🙂

That bloke who loaded 130 tons of cement in a day, he always gave 110%.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘People who fail to deliver on their always giving 110% promise?’ is closed to new replies.