Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • "People who don't know about road bikes ride Bianchi's"
  • Kahurangi

As said to me by a mate while discussing my potential road bike purchase*

It is

a) his warped perception of overtaking ATGNI commuter in Londinium
    b) snobbery
    c) some element of truth due to overpriced widely available good-looking bikes?

*I honestly thought I’d never start a road bike topic on STW. That’s two in a week; shoot me now.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sums me up TBH 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My Bianchi is the best bike I’ve ever ridden to me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yawn

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If he’s in London, they’re only available from Evans afaik, so it could be that “people who don’t know about bikes….”

Kahurangi

My Bianchi is the best bike I’ve ever ridden to me.

The best bike you’ll ever own is the one you’re riding right now

To paraphrase Brant R.

Part of me doesn’t really care. I’m just curious how I’ll be judged if I ride a Bianchi.

/edit

yawn

Thanks for your contribution. Have a nice day.

@Flashheart – probably explains it…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Mind you, mine will be up for sale next week. If it goes will I suddenly acquire an all encompassing knowledge of the road bike? Or do I retreat to the “they’re all shit” position? It’s a win-win scenario 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

I was going to type something else, but erm..

Kevevs – Member
    yawn

+1

TheBrick
    Free Member

Que picture of Pantini….

Kahurangi

@RichPenny – A/S/L? Age Model/Size/Location? 🙂

@vdubber – thanks for bumping my thread back to the top of the page!

Kevevs
    Free Member

no probs.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

they are admittedly overpriced, but hell i love mine (sempre) and they have by far the best colour going (that’s the important part)

vdubber67
    Free Member

Sorry – unfair response previously. I’ve got one, I really like it. It’s been a good value training bike and I’d have another 🙂

Kahurangi

I’ve got one, I really like it. It’s been a good value training bike and I’d have another

Brill – sound like if I don’t care that they are a little bit mass-market I’ll get on with it 😀

Thanks for all the replies!

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

to keep it on topic.. how about one of these?

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=5800

Kevevs
    Free Member

they definitely make a nice shade of blue

kimbers

i suspect people who know about road bikes post on road bike forums

bazookajoe
    Free Member

“Jan picked up the pace on learning that Greggs had a special 2 for 1 offer on pies”

Always wanted one though think the latest offerings are much the sameness of any other similar road bike available (happy to be corrected, not rode one, just going on looks/spec alone). And they’re owned by Cycle Europe, a Swedish company, since 1997 (who admittedly turned the brand around),

Kevevs
    Free Member

“knowing about roadbikes” is that like riding bikes?

RichPenny
    Free Member

53cm 928 C2C Veloce Jon, in Salisbury. Feel free to mail me if you want more info 🙂 Looks like this :

winterfold
    Free Member

Your mate he fail

It will be because they are nicest looking bikes at entry level with the best colour and are ‘italian’

That’s all you need to know

What does your mate ride?

mudshark
    Free Member

Not sure how people choose their road bikes, Italian frames appeal to the soul maybe…dunno I’ve got a Madone ‘cos I got a nice deal on it and it’s a good frame – yes I have no soul.

RealMan
    Free Member

Italian, pimp, you can argue about how to pronounce the name for hours, and they’ve got their own colour – what’s not to like?

Or De Rosas for poor blind people.

Kahurangi

i suspect people who know about road bikes post on road bike forums

I started the topic as I clearly am not a road cyclist. I have an MTB background, hence a perspective from similar folks would have been helpful. Nor am I registered on any road forums, nor would know where to start.

Italian, pimp, you can argue about how to pronounce the name for hours, and they’ve got their own colour – what’s not to like?

Er, not sure.

What does your mate ride?

He went for a Ridley. He went out of his way to find something different. 😕

@RichPenny – too small, and too far away for me to test ride, but thanks!

DezB
    Free Member

What is there to know about road bikes?

Mine’s made by a mountain bike company and I know it’s light and quick (or would be if a roadie was riding it)

Kevevs
    Free Member

I really, really like riding my road bike. don’t worry about it. ride it. especially if it is blue.

DezB
    Free Member

Mine’s blue

Philby

As road bikes they are much less common than Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Boardman and Giant.

They look great – my 2008 Via Nirone gets lots of admiring comments, despite it being basically aluminium with carbon seat stays and forks. These days it is almost impossible to buy a duff road bike, only one that doesn’t fit you.

Sounds more like your mate doesn’t know much about road bikes!

winterfold
    Free Member

If he’s a good mate buy him a tub of Minty arse lard once in a while – he will need it – or a gel cover for his saddle

If you like it, get it, you will not look like a nob riding a bianchi and it’s nice looks will make you want to ride it more and you have spent well

eyerideit
    Free Member

ATGNI

What does that mean?

RealMan
    Free Member

What does that mean?

If you have to have it explained to you..

Kahurangi

ATGNI

All The Gear, No Idea.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I was just looking for the meaning on my iPad, iPhone and MBP but couldn’t find it!

Yeah those ATGNI’s. 🙄

Buggers!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Que picture of Pantini….

+1

ian martin
    Free Member

The road bikes I see around Edinburgh are 9 times out of 10 either Specialized, Giant or Trek.
    I’d love to see some Bianchis out and about instead of the boring mass market offerings by the big boys.
    I am a bit of a fan of Italian bikes fan though.

samuri
    Free Member

I don’t agree with the original statement but I’ve never liked Bianchi’s. Strange paintjobs.

stucol
    Free Member

I bought a Trek road bike on impulse. And i have regretted it ever since, every time i see a Bianchi.

Got to be in Celeste as far as i am concerned.

With Campag group set of course.

globalti
    Free Member

The plural of Bianchi is Bianchis.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Only bad thing about a Bianchi is that i will come with a campag group, and everyone knows that campag is wholly inferior to Shimano 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve always like Bianchis
    You tempted by one in the shop Jon?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘"People who don't know about road bikes ride Bianchi's"’ is closed to new replies.