Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • People that throw beer around at gigs
  • jamj1974

Ginger Wildheart:
    “Alright, this is for every **** that throws a pint at a gig. We’ve got spies in the audience, we know who you are and after the show we’re going to get you backstage and give you the biggest ****ing kicking of your lives”

Love it!

Same at BRMC last week. Lady in front of me was on her phone the whole time. Left after an hour too. Bizarre

It’s bloody weird. Their sound was shit at Brum though! Awful work by the engineer.

People who take their partners who obviously don’t like the band and spend the entire gig talking to other people’s partners who also don’t like the band.
    Just go to the pub or shut up, you inconsiderate bellends.

This!

*Raises fist in solidarity with STW brethen.*

malgrey
    Free Member

“A while back watching the Pogues at Brixton Academy, someone managed to land a full pint in the sound desk which brought the opening act to a stop as the kit blew up and had to be swapped out.”

To be fair, it was probably Shane McGowan chucking the beer. Or just chucking up over the electrics…

coomber
    Free Member

BRMC was at Bristol 02. Was absolute class. Terrible support band but yeah gig was ace. Mainly old stuff and a great set list.

Don’t do many gigs.. 2 a year maybe…but it was unbelievably loud. Ears were ringing for 24 hours

CountZero

I remember Reading back in the 70s. Colloseum II were upstaged by some guys building a pyramid of 4 pint cans in the audience. Later the sky was thick with them hurtling towards the stage. Very Agincourt.

Reading, week earlier had been very wet, so there was mud everywhere, half naked young women were wallowing in liquid mud, walking back grey from head to foot, looking like walking clay sculptures, except they had jeans on. Under the mud.
    Anyway, Wayne County and the Electric Chairs come on, cue incredible hail of bottles, tins and huge clouds of mud directed straight at the band.
    Who lasted maybe three songs before making an undignified retreat. Meanwhile, stage crew were frantically dragging huge sheets of plastic over the Doobie Brother’s gear to protect it, then shovelling all the crap back off the stage once vacated by the hapless Wayne County.
    Great fun for those behind the main firing line… 😆

jamj1974

BRMC was at Bristol 02. Was absolute class. Terrible support band but yeah gig was ace. Mainly old stuff and a great set list.

Setlist was good at Brum O2 too! Yes, mainly older stuff with some of my favourites from Howl.

bigblackshed

1985 Donnington Monsters of Rock.

Van Halen are taking a barrage of bottles to which Dave Lee Roth takes umbridge. “The next **** who throws a bottle, I coming down there to **** your girlfriend”. Que hordes of biker chicks begin a renewed assault.

Bad News took their assault with grace and humour. Like it was a badge of honour.

rOcKeTdOg

Did notice people (particularly older couples) leaving after about an hour. How do you get that far into a gig before deciding it’s not for you??

They were leaving to avoid the hour long queue to get out of the car park probably

13thfloormonk

Setlist was good at Brum O2 too! Yes, mainly older stuff with some of my favourites from Howl.

Last gig of theirs I saw they basically did all the Howl stuff in between encores, basically some of the band wandered off for a break while Peter or Robert stayed on and did some acoustic stuff.

Loving ‘The Howl Sessions’ at the moment, can only listen on youtube, 5 class songs and one stinker…

jon1973
    Free Member

I never experienced such raucous behaviour when I took the wife to see Chas and Dave at The Princes Hall in Aldershot.

jamj1974

Loving ‘The Howl Sessions’ at the moment, can only listen on youtube, 5 class songs and one stinker…

I have that somewhere. Would you like a copy?

13thfloormonk

YES! 8)

Have tried buying it but it is only available as MP3s from US Amazon or US iTunes, pain in the balls.

My email is in my profile, let me know yours and I’ll repay in kind.

Cheers!

jamj1974

I’ll PM you this week. No worries – you are welcome.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘People that throw beer around at gigs’ is closed to new replies.